Logistics HIV/TB Activity Manager
The USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement & Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) is being implemented by Chemonics International. The focus of the project in Indonesia is to provide technical assistance in supply chain management to the Ministry of Health for HIV, TB, and laboratory commodities, in support of the national HIV/AIDS and TB programs in the country. At the national level, the project supports the Directorate of Direct Infectious Disease Control (Sub-directorates HIV/AIDS and TB), the Directorate of Quality and Health Services Accreditation (Laboratory services), and the Directorate of Public Medicine and Health Supplies. At the provincial level, the project provides support to Jakarta and Papua provinces. The Logistics Activity Manager will provide technical and operational support for program coordination and supply chain strengthening for these programs. This position reports to the Technical Director of the GHSC-PSM Project in Indonesia.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Work closely with all Indonesia PSM work streams to ensure the program’s work plan activities meet acceptable quality standards, and are implemented as scheduled.
● Provide input into budgets and Terms of References (ToR) for activities in the work plan.
● Support the coordination supply chain management meeting in national and provincial level and collaborate with other supply chain stakeholders to ensure PSM activities are aligned with those of other partners.
● Provide technical supports to improve the HIV/AIDS and TB supply chains in central level, Jakarta and Papua provinces, including data collection and analysis, tracking of performance indicators, and training of partners involved in supply chain activities.
● Provide technical inputs for semi-annual and annual quantification process in national and provincial level.
● Conduct supervision and mentoring activities to health facilities and health offices in conducting routine supply chain management tasks and provide analytical support to managers of the supply chain for identifying system challenges and developing potential solutions.
● Support the implementation of test and start program in Jakarta Province by providing mentoring and SCM technical assistance to health facilities, DHO and PHO.
● Provide inputs in developing regular reporting (quarterly, semiannual and annual) for key partners in central and provincial level including USAID and GHSC-PSM HQ.
● Foster relationships and communication between relevant government stakeholders and other technical partners.
· A clinical degree or a degree in public health, pharmacy, logistics or business administration.
· Three to five years of experience in health programs, preferable in health care supply chain managements. Experiences working in TB and HIV would be advantages.
· Demonstrated strong relationship and coordination with HIV and TB Program in national level or provincial level.
· Demonstrated understanding of supply chain concepts preferred.
· Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and
support project supervision.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health facilities and health offices.
· Ability to contribute to capacity building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures.
· Ability to work independently
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in
LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENT:
The location of assignment is Jakarta, Indonesia. Intermittent local travel may be required.
The Logistics Activity Manager will report directly to the Technical Director of the GHSC-PSM Project in Indonesia or his/her designee.
When you are interested on the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of updated curriculum vitae, cover letter to email :firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill the ‘subject’ column of the e-mail in this format “Logistics HIV/TB Activity Manager”_(name of candidate).
June 16, 2017
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.