Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job Description
The GHSC-PSM (Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement Supply Management) project under USAID in Indonesia will be implemented by Chemonics International. The mission of the project is to provide technical assistance in relation to supply chain management of medicines and medical supplies including reagents and laboratory commodities to support HIV / AIDS and TB programs in Indonesia. The focus of the project is to support and strengthen supply chain management programs and policies in the management programs and policies in the Ministry of Health at the central and provincial levels. At the central level, the project will collaborate and coordinate with the Directorate of Direct Infectious Disease Control (Sub Directorate HIV AIDS and Sub Directorate of TB) and Directorate of Public Medicine and Health Supplies. While at the provincial level, the project will provide support in Jakarta and Papua Province.
Primarily, The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will be providing support in collecting and analyzing key logistics data for SCM decision making of GHSC-PSM projects in Indonesia. The ME officer will also assist Country Director and Technical Director for regular project reporting and provide key learnings for the improvements of the project and for the key partners. The position will also collaborate with Indonesia MoH (Subdit HIV/AIDS, TB, Jakarta PHO and Papua PHO) and USAID, and they will get support through M&E findings in enhancing flow of information and its program. This position reports to Technical Director of GHSC-PSM Project in Indonesia.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Support Indonesia GHSC-PSM team in refining the project’s results framework in accordance with project objectives, M&E plan, and country strategy.
● Contribute to the development annual work plans and review the relevance of the M&E plan against these work plans.
● Support the development of the project’s M&E plan by helping to identify indicators and complete indicator reference sheets.
● Coordinate with Indonesia MoH and other key partners for collecting data against agreed indicators in the national and provincial level including set baseline data.
● Share information to help Indonesia GHSC-PSM team monitor the progress of their work and use the data for strategic decision making.
● Provide analytical support related to the key supply chain data to identify current weaknesses and propose of realistic implementable solutions to address these weaknesses.
● Support country team in dealing with any other tasks as may be required and regularly communicate progress against targets to project staff.
● Maintain the M&E system, periodically evaluate its effectiveness, and adjust as necessary to provide the project with accurate and useful data.
● Foster relationships and communication between relevant governmental stakeholders as well as external technical partners.
● Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree preferred) in Public Health, Development, Statistics or related field and 3-5 years’ relevant work experience.
● Familiarity with the principles and current approaches to M&E in public health or development programs.
● Having good relationship and experience working with Subdit HIV/AIDS, TB and other Indonesia Key Partners
● Demonstrated understanding of supply chain concepts preferred.
● Prior management and supervision experience.
● Ability to contribute to capacity building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures.
● Ability to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
● Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other staff, MOH and international organizations.
● Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point). Experience with database development.
● Excellent organization and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
● Excellent writing and communications skills in English required
LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENT:
The location of assignment is Jakarta, Indonesia. Intermittent local travel may be required.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report directly to the Technical Director of the GHSC-PSM Project in Indonesia or his/her designee.
When you are interested on the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of updated curriculum vitae, cover letter to email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill the ‘subject’ column of the e-mail in this format “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer”_(name of candidate).
June 16, 2017
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.