The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for more than 25 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have an opening for:
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
The Marketing and Communications Director manages staff and teams that create, manage and implement (cause-related) marketing key initiatives or programs designed to advance the Conservancy’s marketing strategies that build awareness, engagement, influence conservation action, and achieve revenue goals. S/he works closely with and manages relations with other marketing leaders and internal and external key stakeholders including Indonesia Leadership Team, senior management and internal teams to direct, oversee, and coordinate implementation and ensure delivery of programs consistent with the vision and goals of the TNC enterprise. S/he ensures effectiveness of operational delivery of branding principle internally and externally.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for researching, planning, developing, and implementing the programs and communication strategies to build, increase and sustain public awareness to enhance TNC’s visibility and credibility (time allocation: 20%). Activities include:
- Engaging more than 5 top media group
- Strengthen media relation
- Exposure target to Tier 1 media (print, electronic, on-line)
S/he oversees the dissemination of media information and manages and executes TNC’s strategic communications effort. S/he develops and fosters relations with key persons in selected media and related fields to promote TNC objectives.
Building awareness, interest, desire and action (educate: provide environmental education content, excite: create excitement through competition and events and engage: call for action and support TNC conservation programs). She ensures proper maintenance of websites including content updating. She ensures the timely production and deployment of reports/publications. S/he leads the communication response in urgent/crisis-management situations and is the point person for ensuring timely and effective communication.
- Galvanizing champions
- Co-hosting events
S/he determines projects which should be completed internally and externally and manages relationships with outside vendors as necessary.
The Director of Marketing and Communications manages the development of relevant, integrated and cost effective cross media marketing campaigns for TNC initiatives e.g. Conservation Leaders Community, Center of Conservation Excellence, SIGAP, Mass Membership (face-to-face and on-line donation), across a coherent set of brands to deliver creative excellence against campaign briefs, audience reach targets and brand objectives (time allocation: 80%) and ensures implementation and monitoring of launch and campaign marketing plans. S/he ensures clarity of positioning and effective translation of brand understanding and objectives into creative output. S/he keeps ahead of developments in the field of marketing and technology/digital trends, maintaining links with the industry and incorporating into marketing plans where relevant.
The Director of Marketing and Communications reports to the Indonesia Program Country Director and is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications and over 10 years related work experience including 3 years’ experience at a senior level or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
· Experience developing communications, media and engagement strategies and measuring results.
· Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
· Excellent communications, and presentation skills; ability to persuasively convey the mission of TNC to diverse groups including donors, board members and the public.
· Familiarity with communication technologies and best practices.
· Excellent mediation and negotiation skills.
· Ability to use advanced computer functions including navigating the Internet. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
· Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in relevant discipline.
· Ability to foster an environment of creativity and professional growth.
· Successful experience in developing, directing and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program goals.
· Supervisory experience, including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives, and manage performance, including conflict resolution