- Manage the implementation of two projects on religious freedom and governance;
- Work with project staff to develop detailed work plans and budget projects and ensure timely delivery of all activities;
- Monitor project delivery to ensure that globally proven methodologies are used and program quality is high;
- Manage project start-up and close down, ensuring that the team is following organizational procedures;
- Manage project budgets, monitoring budgets monthly and that all spending is allowable by donor rules and organization policy;
- Manage the monitoring and evaluation of projects, ensuring the effective preparation of ToRs for baselines and evaluations, hiring of researchers and oversight of key research work.
- Prepare donor reports and ensure timely submission
- Similarly manage implementation of new projects as they come in.
- Define programme priorities, plans and long-term strategy (in close collaboration with the SFCG Regional Director); manage and modify their implementation as necessary.
- Manage the country program with the highest quality standards and well-documented results
- Ensure that program planning and management reflects the available resources, and respond to gaps with fundraising and/or operational adjustments as needed
- Report to donors based on a credible monitoring and evaluation system for overall program results as well as for specific projects
- Stay abreast of the international conflict resolution field to ensure that the program’s work remains innovative and professional
- Be directly engaged in the continuing development of the organization, its mission and its staff, through the sharing of experience and knowledge, particularly contributing to its Institutional Learning efforts
- Strengthen existing funding relationships and identify and pursue new potential donors in collaboration with headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium
- In partnership with the Finance Manager, oversee the financial operation of the office, ensuring financial compliance with donor requirements and SFCG policies and procedures.
- Identify potential shortfalls and strategize with the organization’s senior management as necessary to ensure the program’s financial sustainability.
- Ensure compliance with SFCG Operations Manual policies and procedures
- Ensure that country policies, contracts, and disciplinary procedures and processes conform to local labor laws
- Ensure an updated security and evacuation plans are in place
- Serve as SFCG’s country representative
- Develop and maintain proactive, positive and professional relationships with partner organizations, other NGOS, donors, clients, key government officials, civil society groups, etc.
- Maintain responsible media coverage of program events and issues related to SFCG mission
- Maintain regular written and oral reporting to Washington and Brussels on key country, regional, program, security and staff issues
- Establish a direct line of communication with other Asia Country Directors in the region for program guidance towards strategic initiatives
- Implement EU project;
- Start up on new DRL project;
- Fundraising for co-funding of EU initiative
- Dynamic leader who likes challenges and create opportunities when they are in front of them.
- Degree in relevant field (eg. conflict transformation, international development, security studies, media and communications, sociology, political science, or related fields)
- Experience in managing large projects, with multiple grants and donors in a fragile state
- At least five years’ experience managing projects and teams
- Knowledge of the conflict dynamics in Indonesia, religious-based conflicts and CVE
- Track record in successful fundraising
- Experience with donor regulations, particularly the European Union and the US Government
- Experience in capturing results and overseeing reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A problem-solving approach to challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task while leading a complex team
- Fluent Indonesian and English, written and spoken
- Available to start in July 2017.
bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id= 799. Application deadline will be on June 24, 2017.