: Assistant Program Officer (APO) PEDULI
: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Type and duration of contract
: Full-Time, 1 year contract period
: June 16, 2017
· Assist SPOs and POs across the full range of technical program management including, but not limited to:
o Assisting in the development and monitoring of pillar-level strategic plans;
o Reviewing proposals and budgets;
o Preparing letter of grants, internal narrative reports;
o Communications with partners;
o Monitoring work plans of Eos;
o Coordinating and liaising with grants management staff;
o Supporting timely grantee reporting, including following up on delinquent reports;
o Supporting effective implementation of quality assurance mechanisms by Eos and CSO;
o Assisting to build and support coalitions for inclusion;
o Contributing to the implementation of cross-cutting issues;
o Contributing to knowledge generation and learning.
· Provide direct technical assistance to Eos and CSOs in relation to program planning and budgeting, monitoring and evaluation, and knowledge management; and
· Deputise for Program Officers, where negotiated.
The function is accountable to a SPO or a PO, where this is delegated. Key performance indicators (KPIs) areas include:
· Effectiveness of technical support;
· Changes in capacity of EOs and CSOs;
· Compliance of grantee reporting; and
· Effectiveness of deputisatio, where this occurs.
§ Minimum of two years progressively responsible experience in an international development environment.
§ Knowledge of MIS systems and familiarity with reporting requirements
§ Knowledge of disability issues in Indonesia;
§ Experience working with Indonesian NGOs at national/province/district level;
§ Excellent program management and organizational skills. Ability to juggle a range of projects simultaneously with little supervision. Demonstrate sound judgment in decision-making;
§ Experience working on budgets and handling routine financial management;
§ Prior experience on an international donor-funded program highly desirable.
§ Minimum of Bachelor Degree in social science, law, public policy, development studies, or other relevant area.
· Written and verbal fluency in English, knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia an asset
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills preferred.
· Ability to work independently.
· Attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and organized work practices an asset.
· Team-building and networking skills an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your letter of Interest (motivation letter) and CV to The Asia Foundation by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 16, 2017. Please write “APO – PEDULI” on the Subject of the e-mail. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.