RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org
We are currently seeking a Finance and Administration Manager for Ready-to-Work Accelerator Program (RWAP) based in Semarang.
The RWAP program will establish a network of up to 20 evidence-based Centers of Excellence in selected medium and large LPKs and BLKs that demonstrate a divergence from the status quo. Centers of Excellence will assure tripartite coordination among the local government, private sector, and training center to improve workforce training, provide student support, and certify success for poor and vulnerable (P&V) youth in data-driven local job markets. Centers of Excellence will serve as hubs for a Learning and Innovation Network (LIN) designed to build capacity of 10–15 weaker TVET centers in each region, by which RWAP will facilitate a “ripple effect” to scale and sustain improvement. This program will be built upon an evidence-based Quality Assurance Framework to be adapted in cooperation with the Ministries of Education and Culture (MOEC) and Manpower (MOM) and the National Professional Certification Bureau (BNSP). Through strategic coordination with other MVPs (SINERGI), the RWAP Team will target priority geographic regions, share promising practices, and build regional capacity and collaboration to scale and sustain successful pilots, offering potential for long-term deep impact.
The F&A Manager will provide oversight for all finance, human resources, IT, procurement, logistics and administrative aspects of the project. The F&A Manager will ensure appropriate systems, procedures, (payroll, cash management, vendor payments, budgeting and others related to financial management) are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds in a cost effective and timely manner, and with proper internal controls. S/he will provide capacity building and financial training for internal staff and Pilot Implementers.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the finance and administration functions for this project and ensures compliance with RTI and USAID procedures.
- Manage finance, human resources, logistics, procurement, administration and information technology (IT) support to the project, requesting direction from RTI headquarters business partners as needed.
- Work with the Chief of Party (COP), technical staff, pertinent RTI regional and home office staff and appropriate USAID staff to ensure project resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted, analyzed, disbursed, monitored and reported in achieving project objectives and results.
- Work closely with key RTI staff, government and non-government officials, contractors and USAID staff to ensure full compliance with local laws (e.g., with respect to taxes, shipping, customs, registration) while integrating with RTI systems and procedures.
- Oversee preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
- Ensure timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in finance, business administration, management, or accounting, with 9 years of experience in the financial and administrative management of donor-funded programs, preferably on USAID programs in Southeast Asia.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, ACCA), or significant progress toward obtainment of designation preferred.
- Excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership and managerial skills.
- Results-oriented and team player who has the ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
- Advanced budgeting, financial analysis, and MS Excel skills required.
- Proficiency with accounting software (QuickBooks preferred), Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
Please send your updated CV and a maximum of one-page of Statement Letter in English (“How and why you think you are suitable for the position”) to HR-Indo@rti-indomd.rti.org and indicate the position applied in the email subject.
The closing date is Sunday 18 June 2017