CARE International Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as water and sanitation, health and enterprise & economic development.
JOB TITLE : WASH CONSTRUCTION SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT/PROJECT : PROGRAM/PROSPER
REPORTS TO : PROJECT MANAGER
The WASH Construction Specialist shall be responsible for the rehabilitation of water points and the construction in the project. Advices on rehabilitation of water and sanitation infrastructure which includes (but not limited to) mechanical rehabilitation of water points, supply system and technical up grading of water and sanitation infrastructure in schools. Develop capacity building focusing on technical area and monitoring system for CARE local partners as well as mentoring them in implementation of WASH activity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
In principle, the WASH Construction Specialist responsibilities are:
• Conduct assessment at the location targeting for WASH improvement and recommend types of intervention and method;
• Identify sources of water needing repair in conjunction with appropriate representatives to schools, assess nature of repair required and confirm the infrastructure and/or rehabilitated of water supply will provide satisfactory quantity and quality of water;
• Obtain narrative of water supply history by discussion with schools and related stakeholders;
• Prepare the design of water supply and sanitation together with Bill of Quantities, budgeting, resources, and time frame;
• Provide day-to-day technical assistance to infrastructure activity and coordinate with the Project Officer, and reported to the Project Manager;
• Ensuring water quality testing taken place and recommend next action;
• Work together with related government office on WASH and hygiene promotion activity;
• Advocate school WASH intervention to related government office and influence the budgeting;
• Develop and applied monitoring tools and reporting format for the project under the construction component, and analyze it for further improvement along the project;
• Prepare and submit regular report and other activity as require by Project Manager;
• Actively contribute to WASH cluster discussions in addition to representing CARE in coordination forums and other similar forums.
• Willing to join with the Emergency Response Team (ERT) in accordance with experience and competence and is ready to be assigned to the disaster site in accordance with the existing needs.
1) Education: Civil Engineer or and Environmental Engineer degree;
2) Experience: 3 years minimum;
3) Specific technical skills: Design, BoQ and RAB and supervisor of construction activity.
TERMS OF OFFER
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment, and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Relocation cost will not be covered. Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position in the email subject.
Please submit your applications before July 20, 2017 to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit:
"Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted"