STATEMENT OF WORK
Position: EOCRU LCMS-MS Scientist
Status: Full time hiring
Starting: Approx. August 2017
The Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Unit (EOCRU) opened in 2008 with the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology and the University of Oxford, expressing the will to conduct collaborative research on infectious diseases impacting the health of Indonesians and residents of other Southeast Asian nations. In conducting the work especially in Indonesia, EOCRU is assisted by Alliance for Emerging and Re-emerging Disease Threats in Asia Foundation (ALERTAsia), a local foundation assists in research grant management and capacity building for local researchers.
Overall, an EOCRU LCMS-MS Scientist is responsible analyze data within clinical studies for pharmacokinetic drug analytical testing using LC-MS/MS and HPLC instruments, including the preliminary preparation of samples, sample extraction using various methods, sample preparation for instrumental analysis, and instrumental and preliminary data analysis. Further, the Scientist will routinely operate and run basic maintenance of instruments that is used for the analysis as well as involve and assist in the development and documentation of new methods. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining sample log books and tracking the supplies needed for sample extraction and instrumental analysis.
The LCMS-MS Scientist must be able to operate, troubleshoot, and maintain an LC-MS/MS system, and analyze the result with minimal supervision. S/He must understand and follow bio-safety practices for handling human samples including blood, urine, and/or other biological specimens. This position is full time and may include weekends as required to meet the demands of current work volume.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receive and document the clinical study specimens.
2. Plan, coordinate, and perform LC-MS analyses in supporting pharmacokinetic studies.
3. Prepare and strictly perform laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs) and study protocols.
4. Run daily quality control procedures for LC-MS/MS operations.
5. Perform clinical study samples for HPLC and LCMS-MS in a timely and accurate manner, including prepare working solution, sample extraction, instrument setup, data processing and enter result into data system for further analysis.
6. Monitor and assess QC results.
7. Maintain and if required, troubleshoot the operational of LC-MS/MS.
8. Train and assist technicians and junior researchers.
9. Use Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Good Documentation Practices in all laboratory activities.
10. Responsible for inventory and restocking of LCMS-MS supplies including columns, calibration standards, routine maintenance parts and accessories, sample preparation materials and general laboratory needs.
11. Other laboratory duties as designated by direct supervision of EOCRU Laboratory Manager.
· Bachelor of Science or Master of Science Degree in Chemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Biology, or related degree and relevant experience.
· At least two years’ experience working with LC-MS/MS and HPLC instruments in instrumental analysis of drugs in biological specimen.
· Excellent in English speaking and writing abilities.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Application requirement (Cover Letter, CV, three name and address of professional referees, and salary history) should be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the reference “LCMS-MS Scientist". Shortlisting candidates will start immediately.
Duration: 1 year with possible annual extensions.