TERMS OF REFERENCE
UN Women Indonesia
Photographer and Videographer
To provide photography and videography production support to UN Women Indonesia for events, meetings, site visit, stories and high level executive onsite visit in Jakarta and outside Jakarta.
Jakarta and outside Jakarta.
From 1 August 2017 to 31 July 2018.
Communications Officer, UN Women Indonesia.
UN Women is the UN Organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls. UN women is established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide. UN Women, among other issues, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; empowerment of women; and achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Indonesia invites quotes from qualified individuals for photographic and videographic documentation from 1 August 2017 to 31 July 2018 to support Programme and Communications unit’s on communications and dissemination of programme events, stories and results through traditional media, website and social media.
II. SCOPE OF WORK, SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The consultant will work with UN Women Indonesia, including the Programme staff and Communications focal points to develop a photo bank of images and video documentation and or documentary. The main activities of the consultancy will include special events as well as some key targeted events. These include high-level visits of senior officers at the Under-Secretary-General, Assistant-Secretary-General, Executive Board, Member State representatives, or ministerial levels. Furthermore, UN Women Indonesia seeks to document its country programme priorities. In this regard, the consultant will work with UN Women, when required, to visit projects and provide professional photographic and or videographic coverage of different UN Women-related activities in digital format.
The consultant will work closely with UN Women to perform the following tasks:
· To provide digital colour photographic coverage for UN Women Indonesia promotional materials, website, publications, social media platforms and campaigns during the contract duration;
· The photos should be of high quality and resolution so that they can be used for various purposes including on large posters;
· Large image files must be compressed to transmit efficiently. Digital originals, images should be shot at the highest possible resolution that the camera permits.
III. DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT AND DUTY STATION
The time required for the consultancy is within the period from 1 August 2017 to 31 July 2018. For upcountry assignments, UN Women will be responsible for the accommodation and travel expenses if any cost incurred during assignment period.
IV. CONTRACT SUPERVISION
The consultant will work under the direct supervision of Communications Officer and/or Programme Officer, UN Women Indonesia who will be responsible for the quality assurance of the deliverables.
V. FINAL PRODUCT AND DELIVERABLES
· Photos of key programme activities, events and side events of the UN Women.
· Catalogued key photos.
Specific requirements for photo submission:
· In electronic form on CD/DVD or flash-card.
· Format of electronic pictures: JPEG, maximum TIFF, BMP, PNG.
· Colors: minimum sRGB.
· Resolution: Highest possible resolution but should not less than 22 MBP or 5,760 x 3,840 Pixels.
· For every special event photographed throughout the contract period, on the same day, a minimum of 50 colour digital images in high resolution shot as a RAW file and highest quality JPEG files will be delivered to UN Women Indonesia.
· All digital photographs must contain complete caption information in “file info” and separate word format captions list. Caption information should consist of: date, place, subject names and age, and brief description of the situation photographed.
· The sets of digital images will be delivered on CDs and/or DVDs together with caption Information and one set will be emailed via dropbox or other online delivery services.
· UN Women has non-exclusive world rights in perpetuity;
· UN Women should be permitted to use images in all countries without a time limit. One exception is for photos of UN Women Goodwill Ambassadors, for which UN Women will contract to retain exclusive rights in perpetuity. Photographers may be allowed to use approved photos only in their portfolios and with UN Women’s written permission.
· Before the consultant moves any photographs on the wire or uploads them to an online Image Database as photo essay, she/he should contact UN Women to obtain consent;
· UN Women can provide photographs to other UN organizations or the media at no cost, as is the practice.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
· Successfully capture and emotionally express the core elements of the situation assigned for coverage;
· Cover a range of related subjects (different components of events/activities, as well as general photographs that illustrate the real, positive and negative, situation of women and girls);
· Provide different visual perspectives (close-up, medium range, long distance), in both horizontal and vertical formats;
· Make sure pictures are technically good (properly exposed, processed and framed);
· Supply all photographic equipment, professional digital camera and a range of accessories, and agrees to provide an edited, optimized selection of best images, with complete caption information;
· Supply complete caption information embedded on the picture and, if requested or necessary, in word document running caption list that references the file name of each image, with appropriate background information.
· Undertake field trips to ensure the coverage of special events/activities at the country level. UN Women will undertake all the necessary travel arrangements;
· All digital images together with complete caption information should be submitted to UN Women Indonesia in a maximum one-week time for publications and same day for special events;
· Consultant has the right to be credited, implying that their name should accompany all originals and reproductions of their work;
· UN Women has first selection rights to all originals taken on this assignment with non-exclusive concomitant world rights in all media in perpetuity.
UN Women will provide the following support to the consultant:
· Briefing and detailed explanation of the kind of photos needed and help in defining the best contents of photos for different purposes;
· Assistance in acquiring access to specific locations in the form of a letter confirming that the consultant is on an assignment commissioned by UN Women.
VII. SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
Payment in full upon final submission and satisfactory deliverables of each event.
VIII. THE QUALIFICATIONS EXPECTED ARE AS FOLLOWS:
· Minimum secondary education. Bachelor’s degree is preferred;
· At least 5 years working experience in photography with a record of providing high-quality, creative, images for clients;
· High level of creativity and initiative;
· Have own camera and other photography equipment;
· Experience capturing images for development organizations e.g NGO, UN Agencies, etc., is an asset;
· Certain familiarity with development programmes/issues is an asset;
· Flexibility and ability to work outside Bangkok and abroad is an advantage; and
· Ability to communicate in English is an asset.
IX. HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are requested to submit documents listed below to UN Women
via email: email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than, Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 17:00 UTC+07:00
• Updated CV and P.11
• Photo and video portfolio
• Proposed lump sum professional fee per day