If you care about the environment and want to contribute to conservation efforts in Indonesia, this is the opportunity for you to join the largest national conservation organization in Indonesia. WWF-Indonesia, an independent national conservation organization, is part of a global network of WWF. WWF-IDN is currently seeking for the best candidate for the position of Heart of Borneo (HoB) Leader.
This position will be based in Jakarta and report to Borneo Programme Governance Team. The Leader is responsible for ensuring the continuity of programmes and activities coordinated by the preceding HoB Leader and to ensure the attainment of strategic objectives. The Leader will guide a team of international and national experts, and work closely with influential stakeholders to create enabling conditions to achieve long-term conservation and sustainable development outcomes in the Heart of Borneo. The Leader will ensure that WWF focuses its global reach and capacities to deliver tangible support to successfully implement the Heart of Borneo Declaration, and respective national Plans of Action for the HoB in Brunei, Indonesia and Malaysia.
Specifically, the key roles of the HoB Leader shall be to:
- Liaise with the HoB Member Countries via the HoB trilateral and technical committee meetings to effectively promote WWF’s conservation programmes;
- Consolidate the WWF network through engagement with the donors and Practice Leaders to support the HoB Programme;
- Coordinate with the Governance Team and landscape leaders to provide synergy towards attainment of WWF global conservation goals in the priority areas across Borneo as well as to address urgent and emerging threats highlighted by the Environmental Status of Borneo 2016 Report;
- Collaborate with national agencies, government aid agencies as well as multi-lateral organizations to raise funds and to implement conservation programmes across Borneo.
Requirements for This Position are:
- An advanced degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Environmental conservation, social science, economics, business, public policy 2-4 years of progressively relevant experiences.
- At least 10 years professional experience in Asia/Pacific region relevant to nature conservation, resource economics, international relations, sustainable development, or environmental policy.
· Proven experience of high level engagement with public and private sector stakeholders in Asia/Pacific region
· Demonstrated success in managing teams and budgets, building effective partnerships and communicating with diverse constituencies
· Successful fundraising and donor relations skills
· Previous experience and knowledge of the WWF Network desirable
Interested applicants should send their CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject of Heart of Borneo (HoB) Leader.
Applications will be closed 7 days after the publication of this advertisement (July 9th). Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. For further information about this vacancy, please visit our website on www.wwf.or.id
Be a part of us, who is currently working in 28 regions in 17 provinces from Aceh to Papua, with more than 500 staffs and supported by more than 64,000 supporters in Indonesia. WWF Indonesia also works with governments, local communities, private sector, NGOs, civil society, and the public at large.