MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID/Indonesia Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project (MESP) works to improve the functioning and utility of USAID Mission performance monitoring, evaluation, learning, and project design and implementation, through a combination of direct M&E support, expert technical assistance, training, and knowledge sharing.
Under MESP, MSI has been asked to conduct midterm evaluation of Promoting the Quality of Medicines (PQM) activities to learn the program successes and challenges, to improve and strengthen the ongoing remaining implementation and to identify recommendations for future investments.
Please note: Only Indonesian citizens are eligible for this position
MSI is seeking Pharmaceutical QA/QC Expert to serve as Midterm Evaluation Team Members and work under the leadership of the Team Leader and MSI for the upcoming PQM project midterm evaluation. The purpose of this midterm evaluation is to improve the implementation and enhance the impacts of PQM activities. The evaluation will achieve this purpose by assessing the project’s performance, its outcomes, its progress towards intended results, the GOI’s inter-agencies policies and procedures for medicines quality assurance, and then recommending ways in which implementation can be enhanced.
The midterm evaluation is expected to begin in August 2017 and finish by the end of September 2017. The anticipated level of effort for the Evaluation Specialist is approximately 55 days.
· Review project background materials
· Participate in the initial Team Planning Meeting
· Contribute to the development of the design of midterm evaluation, including the research methodology, data collection instruments and sampling plan, and workplan
· Contribute to the writing of midterm evaluation reports (draft and final), and debriefing
· Support and participate in quantitative and qualitative data collection, which may include desk review, key informant interviews, and/or focus group discussions in Jakarta and multiple provinces
· Contribute to coordinating a Findings/Conclusions/
Recommendations Workshop in Jakarta as well
as a final workshop with Government of Indonesia officials
· Other tasks, as assigned by the Team Leader or MSI
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant field required
- At least 7 years’ of professional experience working on the field of pharmaceutical supply and system, health system and policy in Indonesia
- Experience evaluating projects in health sector, preferably in pharmaceutical topic
- Required strong knowledge on Indonesia’s medicines quality assurance / quality control system, and health system and policy
- Has professional networking with BPOM and Ministry of Health
- Basic research skills including experience conducting structure/semi-structure interviews, focus group discussion and designing/administering survey
- Experience working on evaluation team under donor-funded projects preferred
- Excellent writing and inter-personal communications skills
- Fluency in English language preferred
· Midterm evaluation designs and work plans, including detailed methodology, data collection instruments, sampling plan and implementation plan schedule
· Final midterm evaluation report
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.