MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington-based international development company with a 35- year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Under contract to USAID Indonesia, MSI implements the Indonesia Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP), which improves the strategy, planning, implementation, M&E, and knowledge management across USAID’s portfolio of programs in Indonesia. MESP provides USAID and its implementing partners with a combination of M&E implementation, technical assistance, training, and knowledge sharing.
USAID/ASEAN is preparing to develop a Project Appraisal Document (PAD) supporting new regional integration activities targeting the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries. USAID provides technical assistance to ASEAN’s Sectoral Working Groups and the ASEAN Secretariat to promote regional cooperation in areas such as trade facilitation, governance, human rights, security, and disaster preparedness and management. The Gender Analysis is intended to inform the design of USAID/ASEAN regional integration PAD to identify, understand and explain existing and potential gender inequalities relevant to the PAD and ASEAN. This analysis will identify gaps between males and females, including the dynamics within each group, and opportunities for addressing inequalities.
The senior gender specialist will have primary overall responsibility for conducting the gender analysis including document review, interviews, site visits, analysis, and report writing, as detailed in the Statement of Work (attached). He/she will also work in collaboration with one USAID-Indonesia and MESP.
Period of Performance
The Senior Gender Specialist is tentatively starting in July to September 2017, approximately 30 days.
1. Participate in the planning and coordination meetings with MESP and USAID personnel.
2. Attend the Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) events, June 12-13, 2017.
3. Review relevant USAID and its implementing parties documents.
4. Develop analytical framework, design/methodology, data collection instruments, workplan and fieldwork schedules.
5. Collect primary and secondary data.
6. Synthesize and analyse the collected data.
7. Produce presentation materials, draft and final report.
8. Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by MESP and USAID personnel.
- Maintain proper research ethics throughout the implementation of the assessment.
- Coordinates and cooperates with MESP and USAID team personnel.
11. Build and maintain clear communication and coordination with relevant stakeholders for the assessment.
1. Post-graduate degree in a relevant social science, preferably in gender/women studies, sociology, or public policy.
2. Demonstrated record of work on gender analysis or assessment, women’s rights, gender audits, and advocacy for gender-sensitive policies in ASEAN regions.
3. Expertise in one or more of the core technical areas of the USAID/ASEAN portfolio: trade and investment, good governance and youth development.
4. Expertise in one or more of the core technical areas of the USAID/Indonesia portfolio: DRG, Education, Environment, and Health.
5. Familiarity with USAID’s Gender Equality and Female Empowerment Policy, program cycle, ADS Chapter 205 regulations on gender integration, and USAID-required gender indicators.
6. Excellent English writing and editing skills and communication/interview skills for the presentation and stakeholder discussions, as well as an ability to take information from a wide variety of sources and draft clear, succinct, high-level analysis and reports for general dissemination.
· Analytical framework, research design/methodology, data collection instruments, and workplan.
· Presentation materials.
· Draft report of Gender Analysis.
· Final report of Gender Analysis.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.