Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Project Officer OPEN WE-WRD
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration : 1 (one) year
Report to : Program Development Manager OPEN WE-SRD
The Project Officer OPEN WE-SRD is assisting the management of Hivos portfolio for the OPEN programme, especially for the women’s rights, women leadership, good governance, freedom of expressions and pluralism components.
The Project Officer OPEN WE-SRD works closely with OPEN program team, Finance Officer and Operations Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
A. Programme Management Support
- Managing the partnership with a small number of civil society organizations working on women’s rights, SRHR, freedom of expression, including performing monitoring and evaluation through out-of-town travels.
- Assisting studies or researches for the development of Hivos’ OPEN programmes, including performing desk reviews.
- Organizing workshops, meetings, trainings, and the design and printing of publications as necessary.
- Assisting the development of women resource database
B. Project Administration
- Assisting the Project Manager and/or Coordinator/Program Development Manager in processing proposals leading to rejection or taking into proper assessment procedures.
- Assisting the preparation of all necessary documents and administrative handlings for new outgoing contractual commitments for partner organizations and consultants according to existing procedures (rejection letters, organisation assessments, project summary and organisation descriptions, entrance of data in project administration, contract letter and cover letter to partners).
- Processing of annual progress reports and informing partners on the outcome.
- Monitoring the timeliness of report submission from partners.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies:
- Minimum 3 years working experience in Civil Society Organizations or familiar with development works.
- Excellent knowledge of development issues with emphasis on women’s rights, women leadership, good governance and freedom of expressions. Sufficient knowledge on pluralism.
- Good understanding of and strong affinity with civil society, in particular with non-governmental organizations
- Strong organizational, administrative and communication skills, particularly proficiency of writing in English.
- A good team worker.
- Prior experience in grant making will be regarded as an asset.
- IT literate.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Project Officer OPEN WE-SRD graded in Grade: 6 (from 1-12 Hivos’s SEA salary grade).
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV (no more than 4 (four) pages) and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 13th July 2017.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘PO OPEN WE-SRD’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Opened position for national level / Indonesian nationality.For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/