CHILD PROTECTION ADVOCACY SPECIALIST – FAMILIES FIRST
1 position, based in Jakarta
Code : CPAS-FF
Save the Children have been working with Ministry of Social Affairs and other key stakeholders and social service providers for more than 8 years, to support a major shift in policy and practice in the way child protection and care is understood and delivered. This is resulted a long term program to shift the paradigm from institutionalization based towards family based care. The Families First Program develop its strategies to achieve paradigm shift as follows:
On Preventing Institutionalization: Stakeholders including families understand the importance of family care for children, are able to take care of children within their own homes or in other type of family-based alternative care, and able to access services and support in their own communities.
On Direct Response: Girls and boys facing care and protection issues are supported through effective and appropriate responses based on their individual needs and best interests from the Children and Family Support Center (PDAK)
On Legal and Policy Change: National, provincial and district laws provide legal safeguards to girls and boys, preventing unnecessary institutionalization, and promoting family based care
This post will responsible to implement third component of Legal and Policy Change. CPAS is the key position in the Signature Program that currently is working intensively in national level and 4 Indonesian provinces. We currently have three Signature Program grants and seek to increase resources significantly for target of 12 provinces by 2018.
The post holder will also contribute to the standards as noted in the Prospect Member Framework as follows:
- Responsible/Support on-going development and emergency programming of the existing portfolio in Indonesia in order to achieve ambitious breakthroughs for children,
- Ensuring continued development & management of a high performing field office teams.
- Contributing to the development of strong partnerships.
- Contribute to effective advocacy for children and collaborate with other departments to implement advocacy initiatives that support the theory of change.
- Contribute to ensuring active participation and role in the movement.
- Helping to build a strong brand for the organization by ensuring compliance with global brand procedures and awareness of brand in local market.
- Contribute to ensuring financial sustainability and growth orientation in the funding portfolio.
- Effectively support the successful pilot of the Prospect Member project in Indonesia.
The post holder will contribute on achievement of the global KPIs on Operations Delivery, and contribute to achievement of global KPI’ as follows:
- Global Management Indicators those cover Families First, Signature Program.
- On time and quality reporting
- Child safeguarding
- Operations delivery
- Humanitarian response
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to recruitment.indonesia@
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <CPAS-FF ><your name>
Closing date for application is up to 10 August 2017
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disabilityAll recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse