DIRECT RESPONSE SPECIALIST – FAMILIES FIRST
1 position, based in Bandung/Jakarta with frequent travel to field
Code : DRS-FF
Save the Children have been working with Ministry of Social Affairs and other key stakeholders and social service providers for more than 8 years, to support a major shift in policy and practice in the way child protection and care is understood and delivered. This is resulted a long term program to shift the paradigm from institutionalization based towards family based care. The Families First Program develop its strategies to achieve paradigm shift as follows:
On Preventing Institutionalization: Stakeholders including families understand the importance of family care for children, are able to take care of children within their own homes or in other type of family-based alternative care, and able to access services and support in their own communities.
On Direct Response: Girls and boys facing care and protection issues are supported through effective and appropriate responses based on their individual needs and best interests from the Children and Family Support Center (PDAK)
On Legal and Policy Change: National, provincial and district laws provide legal safeguards to girls and boys, preventing unnecessary institutionalization, and promoting family based care
The program was just recently received additional funding to replicate the PDAK model in some districts with focus on establishing PDAK to strengthening child protection system, alternative care mechanism and social work practices. The post of case worker is established to ensure that social work practices with children and family who need child protection response is in place in provincial and district level with high quality standard.
Direct Response Specialist will lead all activities of PDAK programs with use case management approach in NTT, West Java, Jogjakarta, Lampung provinces and Sumba District. The post holder is established to ensure that social work practices with children and family who need child protection response is in place in provincial and district level with high quality standard. Case Worker leads social workers in case management works and builds the capacity of social worker’s team to manage cases under collaborate with MOSA.
In line with guidance provided by ILT, the post holder will contribute to building the most positive and affirming work environment possible and promoting culture of the organisation that is aligned with the mission, evolving goals and strategic ambitions aligned with the Membership Accountability Framework.
The post holder will also contribute to the standards as noted in the Prospect Member Framework as follows:
- Responsible/Support on-going development and emergency programming of the existing portfolio in Indonesia in order to achieve ambitious breakthroughs for children,
- Ensuring continued development & management of a high performing field office teams.
- Contributing to the development of strong partnerships.
- Contribute to effective advocacy for children and collaborate with other departments to implement advocacy initiatives that support the theory of change.
- Contribute to ensuring active participation and role in the movement.
- Helping to build a strong brand for the organization by ensuring compliance with global brand procedures and awareness of brand in local market.
- Contribute to ensuring financial sustainability and growth orientation in the funding portfolio.
- Effectively support the successful pilot of the Prospect Member project in Indonesia
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to recruitment.indonesia@
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <DRS-FF ><your name>
Closing date for application is up to 10 August 2017
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disabilityAll recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse