USAID Mitra Kunci Initiative
ICA – IT Systems SPECIALIST
Base of Operations: Jakarta, Indonesia
DAI, a global development company, is seeking a qualified IT Systems Specialist to serve as an Individual Consultant on a new USAID-funded project, The Indonesia Mitra Kunci Initiative. This 5-year project has its headquarters in Jakarta.
The IT Systems Specialist is responsible for oversight of IT needs for the project, including system installations, maintenance, support and technical advice. The IT Systems Specialist is responsible for ensuring that DAI established IT standards set by the DAI home office are followed and that proprietary project solutions are fully functional, efficient and cost effective. The IT Systems Specialist will provide user support and will manage relationships with outside System Support Companies (as needed).
Responsibilities include the management and maintenance of LANs (Local Area Networks) in the Mitra Kunci’s office in Jakarta (25 staff). The IT Systems Specialist will ensure that proper backup and restore procedures are followed, maintain network security (antivirus and communication devices), and that end users have access to shared files, printers and email. When needed, he/she will also be responsible for conducting IT assessments and preparing reports for grantees and project partners per OIMT standards to ensure that appropriate solutions (equipment, software and services) are proposed and provided to beneficiaries.
DAI’s Office of Information and Management Technology (OIMT) will provide the training, guidelines and technical support to the IT Systems Specialist. It is the responsibility of the IT Systems Specialist to keep OIMT informed of issues and/or proposed system modifications (hardware and software purchases) via tools provided by OIMT IT Operations team such as request templates, support email address, and OIMT Technical Approval group email address.
3. Objectives and Duties:
The objectives and duties include but are not limited to:
- Local network maintenance (cabling, switches and NIC configuration TCP/IP, NAT, TCP/IP printing, windows network and domain services on TCP/IP);
- WAN connectivity and maintenance (Internet connection and services, and devices configuration and maintenance);
- Server and server application maintenance (Hardware integration, Windows 2012 / 2016 server maintenance, Hyper-V, WSUS services, antivirus maintenance and monitoring, backup services);
- Client computer hardware and application installation, configuration and maintenance (Laptops, Desktops, MS Windows 10 Pro, MS Office Suite, IBM Notes, O365 general use and troubleshooting, antivirus installation and troubleshooting);
- User support and training;
- Management and supervision of support provided by local companies (ISP or other provides or IT services);
- Regular communication with the Home Office OIMT IT Operations team regarding network, system hardware and software changes/issues/updates and user registration, updates and termination;
- Provide assistance in procurement and evaluation of all technical equipment (including phones, copiers, etc., in compliance with DAI IT Standards and procedures);
- Administer IP PBX extensions;
- Maintain IP PBX hardware and phones;
- Communicate with OIMT IT Operations team regarding implementation of special features on the system;
- Assist in properly inventorying IT equipment;
- Conduct IT assessments for beneficiaries and produce reports per DAI OIMT procedures;
- Prepare procurement specifications and SOWs for IT procurements per DAI standards;
- Review all IT procurement requests in TAMIS;
- Assist Facilities Manager and provide advice in annual IT inventory and software audits;
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures as set forth in the project’s Field Operations Policy Manual and DAI Operations Manual.
The IT Systems Specialist will report to the Finance and Administration Manager.
6. Duration of Contract
The duration of the Individual Consultancy Agreement (ICA) for the IT Systems Specialist will valid for 1(one) year covering up to 60 (sixty) working days. The IT System Specialist will be based in Mitra Kunci Office in Jakarta on daily basis.
7. Application Instructions: