Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Based in Jakarta, Indonesia
Los Angeles-based AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), a non-profit, is a global organization providing cutting-edge medicine and advocacy to more than 700,000 patients in 39 countries. We are the largest provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the U.S. AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Indonesia. AHF Indonesia collaborates with Ministry of Health as the counterpart partners and other partner organizations, to provide program technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psycho-social services to the key population and people living with HIV/AIDS.
AHF Indonesia is looking for a competent candidate for the positon of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The position is required to provide good support for M&E related works for AHF Indonesia program, included data management and quality improvement. Working alongside AHF’s programme teams and with the Data officer(s), you will manage the development and implementation of high quality and appropriate M&E and learning processes, that uphold AHF reputation as a strong critically reflective and analytical organisation. You will lead on the development of consultancy support services in M&E and provide direct M&E support to programme team in provincial and district level.
Qualifications and experience:
Education and/or Experience
- Masters of Public Health (MPH) degree, preferably with specialization in the Epidemiology track.
- Significant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of NGO or international funded programs above 5 years.
- Experience providing and facilitating training; experience setting up training programs and workshops preferred
- A general understanding of HIV-AIDS, Testing, treatment and STI program
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent oral and written communication effectively in English in a variety of settings such as staff meetings, discussions with partners, reporting and training workshops;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proven record of establishing M&E systems, designing and conducting evaluations and will have experience of a number of statistical software packages commonly used for data analysis.
- Demonstrate competence in assessing priorities and in managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and in meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to take initiative and to be flexible depending on changing priorities and deadlines.
- Able to travel within the country and the countries of Asia Bureau;
- Flexible, proactive and able to organize work independently as well as work in a team.
- Demonstrate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, and advance skills in analysis tools including internet tools and application.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain data of all sites in databases system and ensure the data recording has been documented for all sites.
- Prepare and submit monthly,
quarterly, annual and other reports based on the data management system
- Collect, compile and
analyze data, prepare report and submit to Country Program Manager. The
responsibilities also include providing technical back-stopping to sites
for data management and ensuring quality of data
- Provide leadership and guidance on program monitoring and evaluation to meet AHF global and Government of Indonesia reporting requirements.
- Ensure quality of data management at all sites and ensure the country M&E activities are well implemented throughout the sites as per the approved country M&E plan.
- Ensure quality of the service delivery from collaborative ART sites and submit reports on quality related activities and participate in the QI call led by AB.
- Manage country level Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting activities for AHF Intervention across all supported states in Indonesia.
- Provide technical assistance to states and sites programs in the collection, analysis, reporting and use of output data for program improvement.
- Manage the country program's data reporting cycle to ensure high quality and complete data are sent to the Bureau/Global office on a periodic basis, or when required.
- Work in collaboration with states team to follow up on Monitoring & Evaluation activities at the program sites to ensure the promotion of data utilization by relevant end users.
- Facilitate the provision of technical support to strengthen the country M&E activities and contributes to the development and review of appropriate data collection tools and procedures for all monitoring and reporting needs.
- Work with the country, state office staff and government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program Monitoring and Evaluation of AHFs activities in Indonesia and its reporting requirements.
- Facilitate timely reporting of the organization data reports to local government & MOH.
- Provide support to sites in the state by interacting with site program coordinators, Managers, Data officer of partners and ensuring that these parties understand data reporting and can support these requirements.
- Manages the development and maintenance of computerized data capture of the program and provide technical assistance and training to the staff at the sites responsible for data entry.
- With guidance from CPM; plan and implement activities related to capacity building, biannual meeting and monitor and evaluate the program activities.
- Plan and conduct operational research as per requirement and approval from Bureau.
- Support CPM in planning and implementing marketing and advocacy activities
- Participate and interact in advocacy events/activities, national events and meetings
- Undertake other duties as assigned by Country Program Manager.
- Attending meetings as assigned
- Participating in skype call meeting with Global and Bureau team
- Monitor the progress of the program towards achieving targets and share program output data with the technical leads
- Supervise Formative & Operations research, and other longitudinal studies in the country including development of study protocol and abstract.
- Carryout routine monitoring visits to all project sites, including the conduct of Data validation and Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) using official tools, preparation of monthly reports, and supportive supervision.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by email not later than August 27, 2017 to: GlobalHR.Asia@aidshealth.org Please visit our website to learn more about AHF www.aidshealth.org.