SAHABAT CIPTA (SC) is an Indonesian organization founded in 2007 by professionals in development with a vision of reduced poverty in Indonesia. Its mission is to empower communities with new skills and opportunities so they become self-reliant. SC focuses on provision of project management, strategic advice and training in the field of local economic development, community livelihood improvement, value chain development, small business development, rural skills development, micro-finance, and environmental management. Since its start, SC has developed and implemented more than 25 projects for international and Indonesian donors and companies, and positioned itself in the field of sustainable social investment and development. SC adopts market development approach in promoting pro-poor growth that will lead to reduced poverty.
SC is currently implementing a Chevron’s social investment program in Riau, East Kalimantan, and West Java, called Promoting Sustainable Integrated Farming, Small Enterprise Cluster, and Micro-finance Access (PRISMA) program. The program aims to increase the competitiveness of smallholder male and female farmers and entrepreneurs in terms of: a) increased productivity, b) improved business performance, c) a growing share of an expanding market, d) continuous adoption of innovations that contribute to productivity, performance and market growth.
One of the key activities of PRISMA is to strengthen the local facilitators by building their capacities in the field of business management, group management, problem solving skills, and leadership. This approach will allow local facilitators to play more active role in developing of group’s enterprise and ensuring group’s business sustainability PRISMA is completed.
To undertake these roles, PRISMA East Kalimantan is currently seeking 1 (one) trainer (consultant) to be located in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan. He or she will be responsible to deliver group-based business management trainings who will work on a full-time basis. The position requires the development of practical and easy-to-apply training modules for SME groups and delivery of training to a maximum of 15 participants.
Scope of work:
Capacity Building Trainer/Consultant is expected to undertake the following work, though not limited to:
1. Create practical training modules on related topics. The module should be easy to understand and easy to apply and using very simple language;
2. Conduct trainings in accordance with the module that has been prepared with time allocation of 40% for theoretical training and 60% for practical training.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. At least 5 years of working experience in the field of SME training
2. Have hands-on experience or is currently involved in the management of SME is an advantage
3. At least 3 years of hands-on experience in coaching the management of SME in the field of promotion, production management, and bookkeeping
4. Able to work in teams and individuals
5. Have sufficient qualifications and competencies to become a trainer or training Instructor
6. Able to work independently, output oriented, and accustomed to work with minimum supervision
Reporting and Accountability:
The Business Management Trainer will report to the Project Manager of PRISMA East Kalimantan in all matters. He/she will execute this assignment based on term of reference, including operational procedures, templates, and deadlines. The Business Management Trainer will work independently with minimum input and supervision.
Time-frame and Workload:
Starting date of The Business Management Trainer is expected to be at the end of August or early week of September 2017. The work is expected to complete on September 2017. The Trainer/Consultant will work for 3-7 working days per training, or according to the period agreed with PRISMA East Kalimantan.
PRISMA East Kalimantan program office, Balikpapan, East Kalimantan
Send your CV ad cover letter as well as daily professional rate to fitri.permatasari@saha
batcipta.or.id with subject Business Management Trainer at the latest 16 August 2017 at 15.00 WIB. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.