Supply Chain Management Regional Program Officer - 2 positions
JSI Research and Training Institute (JSI) is recruiting for the position of Supply Chain Management Regional Program Officer. This position is based in Jakarta and will cover project activities in 4 provinces of North Sumatra, Central Java, South Sulawesi and DKI Jakarta.
“Pilihanku” project is a five-year project designed to contribute to the Government of Indonesia’s family planning goal to increase the nation’s mCPR (modern Contraceptive Prevalence Rate) by addressing barriers to supply and demand issues in 4 provinces in Indonesia. The project is currently in its third year. JSI as a sub-contractor to the Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs (JHU-CCP) is implementing the Contraceptive Supply Chain Management component of this project that will support demand generation and access to FP services by ensuring the availability of a range of contraceptive methods at Districts and the network of FP Service Delivery Points in the selected districts. The overall goal of this component is to strengthen supply chain systems that can improve contraceptive availability and reduce stock outs. The project is being implemented at the in four provinces – North Sumatra, Central Java, South Sulawesi and DKI Jakarta.
As a member of the ‘Pilihanku’ project team under JSI Research & Training Institute Inc.’s (JSI), the Regional Program Officer for supply chain management will be based in Jakarta and will require considerable travel to the field, specifically the selected project regions under his/her supervision. The selected candidate is required to have strong technical knowledge in public health supply chain management. The Regional Program officer will be responsible for implementation of project activities in his/her regions and provide stakeholders with the required technical assistance in supply chain management as well as coordinate and monitor project activities.
This position will report to the National Program Officer (NPO). Under the guidance of the NPO, the Regional Program Officer will be responsible for a variety of programmatic, design and planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and finance and budgeting activities to support the ‘Pilihanku’ project’s overall goals and provide technical assistance in the area of supply chain management and to support Indonesia’s national family planning board (BKKBN).
· Provide support to advance the project’s intervention activities in supply chain management through innovative and strategic implementation initiatives according to the organization’s compliance standards.
· In collaboration with senior management, lead the implementation and monitoring of project interventions in respective provinces.
· Provide supervision and mentorship to Province Program Officers and ensure coordination of project activities and delivery of results, in accordance with the project work plans and objectives.
· Lead the development of technical project materials as needed.
· Provide support for Central level activities as needed.
· Maintain the family planning supply chain database: Update the database regularly, conduct data analyses, generate reports and ensure its functionality continues to supports the needs of BkkbN, as well as current or potential project activities. Train and support project staff and stakeholders on the use of the database.
· Conduct monitoring and supportive supervision visits to project sites. Compile monitoring and supportive supervision data regularly from all provinces to track project indicators and provide feedback to other project staff on progress especially related to quality and timeliness of implementation.
· Assist in preparing materials, reports, and presentations for meeting or trainings.
· Follow up on activity progress with Provincial Program Officers.
· Participate in various family planning and inter sectorial forums/working groups at all levels representing JSI and the supply chain component of the My Choice project.
· Maintain and support relationships and communications with related government agencys, partners, and other key stakeholders important to the project’s programmatic work.
· Assist and function as back up to the National Program Officer to support the program.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERTISE DESIRED
· University degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Logistic Management, Business management or related field.
· At least five years experience in implemention and monitoring and evaluation of public health programs, including at least two years in supply chain management.
· Knowledge and experience working with BKKBN and the family planning program supply chains is required.
· Prior work experience in a non-profit organization or donor funded project.
· Excelent analytical ability, written and verbal communication skills, ability to prepare and present information related to public health and supply chains.
· Excellent skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications, in particular, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required.
· Ability to manage complex processess and track activities and outcomes through to successful conclusion; ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
· Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and excellent written and spoken English is required.
· Comfortable with small team environment; can work both independently with minimal supervision and effectively as part of a team member.
· Ability to travel frequently to the field to support activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit an application including CV, cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com. The CV and all documents must be in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline for submission is August 10, 2017.