tanotofoundation.org) is a
not-for-profit foundation which strives to be a center of excellence for
facilitating and improving access to quality educationand to empowerment
opportunities that contribute to poverty reduction. The Foundation currently
runs a number of philanthropic programs in Indonesia ranging from scholarship,
teachers training, school improvement programs, research support, to small
business development. Tanoto Foundation is currently looking for a Regional
Project Officer (based in Riau, Jambi, and North Sumatra). Please find
details for both positions below.
Regional Project Officer (School Improvement Program)
(3 positions available : Riau, Jambi, North Sumatra)
The Regional Project Officer (RPO) is essential team member that support the implementation of Pelita Pendidikan Program and RGE Schools Improvement Program in the field. RPO works under overall guidance of Pelita Pendidikan Regional Program Manager and Pelita Pendidikan Program Manager.
Pelita Pendidikan Program is a multi-year school development program initiated by Tanoto Foundation, a philanthropic organization founded by Mr. Sukanto Tanoto and Ms. Tinah Bingei Tanoto. Pelita Pendidikan Program has been implemented since 2010 in the provines of Riau, North Sumatera and Jambi.
The RPO will provide overall supports to Pelita Pendidikan Program, RGE Schools Improvement Program and other Tanoto Foundation Program, including but not limited to, manage programs activities within responsible areas/sites, communicate and coordinate with recepients of program, government, corporate partner of Tanoto Foundation (Royal Golden Eagle or RGE Group) and other external stakeholders; monitor the progress of implementation, evaluate and assess the impact for the internal control and program quality assurance.
1. To support the implementation of Pelita Pendidikan Program within designated intervention site, including but not limited to:
· Prepare working plan of all Pelita Pendidikan program within intervention sites, according to targets of achievements and availability of budgets, under direction and guidance of RPM and PPPM.
· Prepare and process all necessary document(s) of Pelita Pendidikan program from schools and/or grass root level, for further processing and approval in Regional Office and Jakarta Office.
· Provide technical assistance to the schools stakeholders under the guidance of RPM and the corresponding specialists
· Lead and build positive relationships with stakeholders within intervention sites, from schools levels until District Level, for coordination or collaboration purposes Manage and organize all training activities of Pelita Pendidikan program within intervention site and/or in collaboration with other RPO(s), under Regional Program Manager (RPM) direction and supervision.
· Develop regular progress and impact report either for internal and external feedback purposes
· Develop and monitor budget utilization of Pelita Pendidikan activities and report its utilization to RPM based on the company’s policy and SOP.
· Liaising with other departments/stakeholders/
counterparts within the Tanoto Foundation especially
BU/BG staff, and with relevant service providers to ensure timely activities is
2. To conduct regular monitoring activities on the program quality and progress to reach the expected impact in intervention site, including but not limited to:
· update the changes in partner school(s) in database, activities implemented within intervention site, and any other changes relevant to program and reported to M&E Department, including data collection in schools and/or teachers.
· assess and analyze the collected data taken from physical observation and/or other assessments tools, and provide support to improve the condition of the schools or teaching and learning process in schools.
· provide feedback to RPM and Specialists regarding progress of Pelita Pendidikan program implementation within intervention site.
· support the preparation of regular progress report and all other documentations, within Pelita Pendidikan Program, such as Pelita Pendidikan Program reports for Provincial and District Level, agreement and other legal documents with Partners and counterparts in field, and/or any other documents as required to be filled and documented.
3. To promote Teacher Scholarship Program as part of teachers capacity building and support the implementation of teachers scholarship program in coordination with Scholarship Department. The activities include, among others, identification of potential scholars, data collection, verification of documents to ensure compliance to agreed procedure of scholarship application, assist punctual execution of scholarship benefit, providing feedback to Scholarship Department, and other relevant activities.
4. To involve in the following activities:
· Identification and drafting Human Interest Stories and/or other inspiring stories to be submitted to Corporate Communication Department (for media communication purpose)
· Collecting baseline and needs assessment data for a new program initiative (daycare center/ 3Es in Asian Agri), Pelita Pendidikan and RGE Schools.
· Performing other relevant duties as reasonably assigned by the immediate supervisor or Management of Tanoto Foundation
Line Coordination and day to day works:
- Internal : Head of Tanoto Foundation, Deputy Head of Tanoto Program, Pelita Pendidikan Program Manager, other Regional Project Officers, Specialists, FFAO, Sr. Program Officer, M&E Department, Scholarship Department, and other TF Jakarta Staff
- External : Estate Manager, KTU, School Principals, Teachers, District Education Offices officials, School Supervisors, UPTD Pendidikan, District Government Officials
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree from reputable university, preferable majoring in education/teaching.
- A minimum 3 year experience as Teacher and/or School Principal (at public or private school)
- Experience in delivering administrative tasks and organizing community development program
- Knowledgeable and experience in project management that focuses in people development (both programmatic and budgeting aspects)
- Able to do multi-tasking, work under high pressure to meet results, with minimum supervision and under multi-cultural environment.
- Having previous experience in delivering a specific education development program, and/or liaising with government stakeholders, and/or working with private sector
- Demonstrating ability to achieve results independently and under team work mechanism
8. Willing to travel or be posted in remote areas with minimum facilities and supervision.
9. Familiar to use computers and MS Windows Applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
10. Able to drive motorcycle and have valid driving license
11. Able to communicate using local language and English would be an added value
Please read the requirements in detail.
Should you meet the above requirements and interested to apply, email your comprehensive resume to: email@example.com.