The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ has a record of more than 20 years of involvement in the area of climate policy in Indonesia.
GIZ is currently implementing a global project, funded by the International Climate Initiative (ICI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), called “Sustainable and Climate Friendly-Palm Oil Production and Procurement (SCPOPP)." The project aims to contribute to the improvement of the environment and social sustainability as well as to reduce greenhouse gases from oil palm cultivation. Apart from the implementation in Germany and Thailand, the project works in a focused landscape in a pilot district in East Kalimantan, Indonesia, for four years.
The project organizes the activities in Indonesia into three work packages. Those are:
- Land-use planning and land registration
- Partnership for sustainable and climate-friendly farming practice
- Jurisdictional sustainability platforms and best practice documentation and dissemination
GIZ seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for one Junior Advisor position of
Stakeholder Engagement Facilitator
- Provides technical support to all the advisors on organizing the local communities and farmers strengthening their organizational capacity, training for their members, and cooperating with other stakeholders;
- Developing the capability of the stakeholders for conflict prevention and mediation;
- Provides professional advice on the acceleration of land registration for the smallholders in the focused landscape;
- Supports the advisors in engaging with the district government and other stakeholders in facilitating the value chain partnership, land use planning process, and sustainability platform;
- Prepare events, workshops, and conferences;
- Initiate and maintain communication and cooperation between the project and the implementing partners;
- Assist the project responsible manager in project management tasks as assigned.
1. Management and Coordination:
- Support project planning by developing concepts and strategies, ensure implementation;
- Take part in the formulation of project planning and facilitate synchronization between the planning and budgeting system;
- Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- Contribute to the coordination of the project works so that the objective and indicators can be achieved;
- Represent the project when needed;
- Contributing to the monitoring activities and ensuring timely reporting to the project responsible manager and counterparts;
- Evaluate the results of activities and give input/feedback for better implementation.
2. Professional Advisory Services:
- Advise partner institution(s) on order clarification, identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies, and provides technical input;
- Participates in determining needs for external support and advice, formulating advisory and training formats and contents, draws policy recommendations and promotes a strategic approach;
- Contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint project/ program activities;
- Deals with the design, preparation, and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues related to the work area of adaptation;
3. Networking and Cooperation:
- Ensures cooperation, regular contact, and dialogue with partners, relevant organizations, non-governmental agencies, and individuals with other related projects to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- Travels in accordance with project requirements;
- Communicate and channel local interest and aspirations and exchange ideas and information for the benefit of the program;
4. Knowledge Management:
- Compiles information and ensures knowledge transfers;
- Draws up reports and presentation documents;
- Formulate appropriate input for project reports.
- Minimum Bachelor/B.S degree in social studies or related academic fields
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in conflict mediation, community organizing, stakeholder engagement, and partnership facilitation.
- Experienced in project management
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Basic understanding in political-economy approach, the economics of palm oil, and
- Necessary skill in designing and facilitating an effective multi-stakeholder partnership;
- Able to plan, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of various capacity development measures,
- Excellent in using ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and basic computer applications (e.g., MS Office);
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English; German knowledge would be an advantage
- Focused, proactive and positive working attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners
- Ready to work in remote rural areas, link and cooperate with stakeholders from rural communities
- Aware of social and intercultural sensitivities, flexible and possess a sense of diplomacy
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high-quality work products
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Duty Station: the pilot district, East Kalimantan (with frequent travel to the focused landscape)
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Project responsible manager in Samarinda, Indonesia
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including latest photograph and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 28th, 2018, with subject line SCPOPP – Junior Advisor SEF..
Please name your file as the following format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified