Finance and Administration Manager
The Institute for Policy Analysis of Conflict (IPAC) was founded in 2013 on the principle that accurate analysis is a critical first step toward preventing violent conflict. Our mission is to explain the dynamics of conflict—why it started, how it changed, what drives it, who benefits—and get that information quickly to people who can use it to bring about positive change. In areas wracked by violence, accurate analysis of conflict is essential not only to peaceful settlement but also to formulating effective policies on everything from good governance to poverty alleviation.
Purpose of Position
The Finance and Administration Manager is a full-time position to support director of the organization. This position will support all aspects of financial, accounting, administration, contracting, organizing travel and visas, in-country logistic support, etc. S/he will provides daily oversight of the financial activities, including review and approvals for daily transactions. Provides relevant fiscal information to director and other program staff. Assists with development and management of internal financial audits.. May develop formal reporting system to communicate results of audit activities to management and regulatory compliance agencies. Provides leadership and technical guidance for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).Experience in comprehensive management of business support and compliance functions in organizations funded contracts and grants, foundation, and commercial sources.
The position reports to the Director of IPAC.
- Review of all financial transactions for assigned portfolio to ensure transactions are recorded timely into the Quickbook accounting system and reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and Reviews monthly close financial reports for submission to director.
- Provides recommendations and consults with management on financial and compliances.
- Perform review of organization’s expenses and review all documentation related to tax calculation, payment and reporting.
- Prepare grant budget and grant reporting.
- Update and maintain internal control system
- Provide administrative, financial, accounting and other technical assistance as required to other staff.
- Supervise the daily work of finance and administration officer.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of finance issues.
- Builds and trains staff on financial policies and procedures.
- Provide general administrative support to logistic and procurement tasks, as required including planning logistics, management of meetings, workshops, training, scheduling and confirmation of appointments, staff travel arrangements (hotel booking and ticketing)
- Prepare and manage contract for employee and consultant and leave record.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent
- At least 5 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Preferably Manager/Assistant Manager specialized in Finance – Audit/Taxation or equivalent
- Experience working with grants program and reporting preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in managing work priorities, juggle competing tasks, and work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a small team.
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including to ability to multi-task, and work in a high-pressured environment.
- Must be well organized, self-starter with attention to detail and ensure the job is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Experience in financial processing and management, grant reporting, tax regulation and reporting
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent skills in Quickbook accounting software applications with multiple grant reporting
The initial contract will be for one-year (with a possibility of an extension). Salary will commensurate with experience and salary history. Only Indonesian citizens may apply.
HOW TO APPLY: To respond to this position, submit your resume and cover letter in English, explaining your qualifications for the job and 3 professional references to email@example.com .
Closing date: November 16, 2018 by COB
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.