DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transitioning countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public-sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
The Mitra Kunci Initiative is a five-year, $22.8 million, USAID-funded program that will promote more inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The Mitra Kunci (MK) team will provide USAID Project Implementers or PIs (consisting of three Indonesian organization led consortium funded under grants from MK and three US organization led consortium funded directly by USAID) and workforce stakeholders with technical support, connections, and platforms to help build a more robust and responsive workforce development ecosystem.. In addition to management support, capacity building, and coordination, DAI’s technical assistance will include identifying, piloting, and scaling new workforce development approaches and innovations. The ultimate goal of USAID/Indonesia’s inclusive workforce development work is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities..
Objectives and Duties
The Advocacy and Partnerships Coordination Manager (APCM) will be responsible for managing and coordinating all activities related to advocacy and multi-stakeholder partnership engagement for Mitra Kunci which includes international and national private sector partners, key Government of Indonesia (GOI) national-level institutions like the Ministry of Manpower, the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education (Ristekdikti), BAPPENAS, Provincial, District and Municipal Government in West, Central and East Java , Higher Education Institutions and three Indonesian organization led consortium (Project Implementers or PIs). She/he also will work together with other relevant stakeholders and US organization led consortium PIs in developing advocacy and partnership engagement strategies, identifying partnership opportunities and ensuring that the provision of technical assistance to partners is relevant and timely. S/he will contribute to the development of high-quality program activities and establishment of constructive partnerships within MK and between MK and its partners.
- Develop the advocacy and partnership engagement strategy for Mitra Kunci which will include the key stakeholders described above; manage and coordinate the national advocacy and partnership engagement activities.
- Provide technical support and guidance for MK PIs in developing advocacy and partnership engagement strategies at the sub national and national level and provide oversight to them during the implementation.
- Assist MK PIs in working with provincial level partners, particularly local government, in the organization and delivery of activities at the provincial, districts, and villages level as well as national level.
- Along with other MK technical specialists, assist higher education institutions in working with their partners, assist them in developing strategy on advocacy and partnership engagement to support successful implementation of the program.
- Guide MK PIs in the implementation of advocacy and partnership engagement activities targeting local leadership to help strengthen inclusive workforce development program ownership and promote the adoption of “inclusive workforce” at the provincial and district level.
- Provide support in establishing province and/or district coordination forums for MK PIs and in organizing routine coordination meeting of stakeholders on inclusive workforce issues as necessary.
- In coordination with other MK team members and consultants, coordinating, managing and providing technical support to national and sub-national level advocacy and partnership engagement processes.
- Support Knowledge Management Specialist and other related MK technical specialists to identify and develop of Lessons Learned for PIs and Higher Educations program.
- Assist the Knowledge Management Specialist and Communication Officer in processing and packaging knowledge products according to agreed formats (i.e., short reports, human interest stories, video clips, and others relevant website content).
- Support Youth Engagement Specialist in mainstreaming the positive youth development approach as well as gender inclusion
- Assist the PI Manager to review and validate PIs regular report prepared by PIs.
- Compile data provided by PIs into report which included but not limited to quarterly report, annual report, and other report as required by client.
- In close coordination with PIs Manager, Finance and Admin Manager, and other MK technical specialists ensure completion and closing-up of sub-contracts with the local implementing partners including timely submission of final deliverables and invoices.
- Assist PIs Manager to manage and coordinate phase-out/exit workshops and proposal development for PIs to ensure sustainability of the inclusive workforce development program/intervention.
- Organize and lead the Kunci Monthly Coordination Meeting to facilitate coordination among Mitra Kunci PIs and US organization led Project Implementers at local and national levels
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication, public policy, social science, education, management, development studies, or other relevant fields, with 8+ years of work experience in the relevant areas.
- Experience in working with Indonesia government in national level which included but not limited to Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education (MORHE), Ministry of Manpower, Indonesian Ministry of National Development Planning (Bappenas), Ministry of Villages, Disadvantaged Regions, and Transmigration (Kemendesa) and other relevant ministries; in sub national level particularly in areas of West Java, Central Java and East Java; local NGOs; higher education institutions and private sector.
- Demonstrated understanding on advocacy and stakeholder engagement management principles and has capacity to deliver them.
- Excellent facilitation and strong in program management,
- Have a great networking with GOI in national and sub national level and other relevant stakeholders such as private sectors, higher education institutions, media, local and international NGOs..
- Great leadership, excellent people skill and interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with various stakeholders.
- Good in written and oral communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Creative problem-solving and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good team player with positive attitude.
This position will supervise directly Youth Engagement Specialist (YES) and assist YES to supervise Youth Economic Empowerment and Skills Specialist (YEESS), Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist (GESI), and Higher Education Specialist.
Base of Operations
This position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia, and will frequently travel to West Java, Central Java and East Java.
The Advocacy and Partnership Coordination Manager will report to Deputy Chief of Party.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to IWDP_Recruitment@dai.com. Please send applications as soon as possible. Due date for this application is November 11, 2018. Applicants are instructed to write “APCM Application - [your name]” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.