WASH Promotion Specialist
- Conduct WASH assessments in targeted areas.
- Design WASH promotion practice to implement in targeted areas.
- Develop tools, establish M&E evaluation system and accountability of WASH in emergency response
- Ensure integration of Sphere guidelines and key indicators into distribution programming.
- Other duties as assigned by the Emergency Response Manager
- Coordinate with all relevant agencies, donors and government bodies to carry out detailed needs assessments and design and implement specific targeted interventions.
- Rapidly develop a strong understanding of the cultural, political and religious environment in the region and the ability to live and work successfully in those environments are essential.
- Ability to work simultaneously individually and as part of a team on multiple tasks and meet deadlines in an insecure, stressful environment.
- Commitment to local capacity building and the ability to engage local stakeholders in project design and implementation.
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- BA/S or equivalent in Administration, International Development, or a relevant discipline required.
- At least two years international experience working in logistics and/or administration.
- Experience working with an NGO in administering relief programs and ensuring compliance with major donors (USAID/OFDA/PRM/ECHO) rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of safety and security standards, equipment, precautionary measures, and communication protocols in unstable situations.
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes, including Sphere.
- Potentially harsh environment with high insecurity
- Housing will also vary depending on the situation, but expect basic, communal accommodations
APPLICATION CLOSED ON THE 18th of November 2018.
Only candidates who apply via website will be considered. Please visit https://kopernik..info/en/