Scope of Work
30 Years USAID Environment Retrospective Video Production
Company and Project Information
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington-based international development company with a 35- year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Under contract to USAID Indonesia, MSI implements the Indonesia Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP), which improves the strategy, planning, implementation, M&E, and knowledge management across USAID’s portfolio of programs in Indonesia. MESP provides USAID and its implementing partners with a combination of M&E implementation, technical assistance, training, and knowledge sharing.
USAID/Indonesia has built partnership with Indonesia for at least 30 years to improve the country’s capacity in governing Natural Resources Management (NRM). To capture the learning processes and results from the partnership, USAID/Indonesia has requested MESP to produce a video.
Therefore, MESP is seeking a team of Indonesia-based video producer to perform this work under a subcontract agreement.
1. Language: English
2. Quality: HD
3. Duration: 3-5 minutes
4. Storage: cloud and flash disk
5. Subtitles: English and Indonesian
6. Video shooting, if necessary, will be depend on budget and materials availability..
- Shooting location (estimation): Papua, Kalimantan and Sulawesi (one site in each province)
- Shooting objects: sceneries/landscape, interviews, with possibility of video staging
9. Voice over in proficient English
10. Music scores
11. Video footages (if necessary)
1. Attend meetings with USAID and MESP to plan for storyboard, script, video planning, production, editing and finalization
2. Together with MESP and USAID personnel, design concepts for the video production
3. Provide equipment and tools for the video production, as needed
4. Manage the video recording, editing, and production process
5. Ensure that the videos meet USAID standards (branding and shooting)
default/files/documents/1869/ USAID%20Graphics%20Standards% 20Manual%20and%20Partner%20Co% 20Branding%20Guide%20February% 202016.pdf
6. Coordinate with MESP and USAID personnel as needed
7. Incorporate feedback from MESP and USAID personnel regarding draft videos
8. Perform other related tasks to achieve subcontract objectives
1. At least 8 years of professional experience in digital media, video production, communication, or related areas.
2. Demonstrated successful experience in video production and editing for environmental project.
3. Experience producing videos for learning purposes.
4. Attention to detail, quick thinking, creative, collaborative.
5. Ability to work fluently in English language.
6. Experience working with international donor agencies or other international clients is desirable.
Deliverables and Timeline
The subcontractor will be responsible for capturing results, key messages, approaches, lessons and future works from the 30 years NRM programs. The subcontractor is required to produce and submit these deliverables to MESP & USAID:
1. A full story board in proficient English
2. A full script in proficient English
3. A final (edited) version of a 3-5 minutes’ video
4. A full raw video file
The subcontractor is responsible for all the production and post-production processes of the two videos (full and edited). He/she must coordinate with MESP and USAID personnel throughout the execution of this subcontract within the timeline as follow:
Estimated Completion Date
1. Final story board
Second week of January
2. Final video scripts
End of January
3. Video taping in selected sites (if necessary)
Early to mid of February
4. Draft video submitted
End of February
5. Final video
Mid or end of March
Period of Performance
The period of performance for this subcontract is approximately six weeks. The works is expected to start January 4th 2019. The final video (edited version) is expected to be completed on April 5th, 2019 at the latest.