About the organisation:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation with a presence in over 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was operation since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of IRW in Indonesia programme is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesia people and to alleviate the suffering. The main sector for the programme include:
· Water and Sanitation
· Sustainable livelihood
· Child Welfare
· Disaster Risk Reduction
The geographical area are Banten, NTB, Aceh and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia is looking to recruit a Child Welfare & Protection Officer, based in Lombok,NTB.
Post holder direct reports to : Child Welfare Senior Officer
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Child Welfare Officer (CWO) reports to Child Welfare Senior Officer. CWO reaches out to the neediest children families within the designated program area and implements different child welfare activities building on IR core child focused activity of one to one orphan sponsorship in an integrated way that leads to sustainable community development..
Description of duties:
1. Assists in developing and running of Sponsorship Program Cooperation Islamic Relief – Rumah ZAkat one to one orphan sponsorship program as per its implementation strategy set out in the Orphan Policy and Procedure
2. Prepares the community situational report and the individual situational reports of the needy children of the targeted community focusing on their health, education, shelter, emotional and other basic needs
3. Select children from the poorest families and upload their bio-data for one to one sponsorship
4. Form cooperatives of the guardians of the orphan families and attend their meetings. Document and report the issues discussed in the meetings to your line manager.
5. Periodically monitor the progress achieved against the community and children individual profiles. Do the analysis of the old and new reports and take necessary actions (continuation of sponsorship or cancelation)
6. Upload annual progress reports of the sponsored orphans
7. Network with other organizations working for the women and children
8. Attend child protection cluster meetings or other such forums in your program area or field office etc
9. Look for child issues i.e. child abuse, street children, child trafficking etc and report to your line manager.
10. Assist your line manager in developing project proposals that caters to the needs of the child issues.
11. Maintain record of the child welfare activities i.e. individual orphans personal files each comprising of field visit reports, bio-data, date of birth certificates, death certificates, drawing, correspondence between orphan and the donor, TOR, etc.
12. Maintain the confidentiality of all electronic and hard data of orphans including their pictures and pictures of other family members.
13. Maintain record of pictures of each sponsored orphan in chronological order and use these pictures for the purpose of that orphan’s bio-data, progress reports and case studies.
14. Undertake any other task assigned by the line manager.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the Islamic values and principles, as well as commitment to Islamic Relief vision and mission.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications :
· Bachelor’s degree in related subject such as social sciences, or a recognized relevant professional qualification in reporting in English, or qualified through experience.
· Able to interact with children and family
· Able to organize and lead community meeting
· Good Communication skill in English Language (writing and speaking)
· Computer literacy to support the monitoring and reporting activity
· Able to communicate through ICT media (Email, Skype, Good Listening and speaking in local language
· Skill related to individual counselling would be an advantage
· Working in international NGO for more than a year is a preferable
· Ability, motivation, and willingness to travel alone within IR Indonesia One to One Sponsorship Project Location.
· Strong interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address:
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.