About WRI Indonesia
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in the United States, Brazil, China, Europe, India, and Indonesia.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country, and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
WRI Indonesia requires a self-motivated, smart, detail oriented and highly organized individual to support its Operation Department as a Payment Assistant. The successful candidate will be expected to provide significant support to the Operations team in streamlining current practices and identifying innovative solutions to the Finance & Accounting requirements of the Indonesia office. It is expected that this individual would be willing to manage routine processes to ensure the smooth functioning of Finance & Accounting with a high level of engagement and attention to detail..
The Payment Assistant will also work with Finance & Accounting team global office based in Washington, DC
A.. Maintain WRI Indonesia's financial and statutory compliances
- Manage payment of monthly payroll and benefits, all bills from vendors, expense reimbursements, cash advance and report from staff.
- Record all financial transactions in Cost Point, generate and review monthly financial reports.
- Process the payments and managing invoices, follow up with clients, suppliers, and partners as needed.
- Coordinate with tax consultant to prepare and file monthly and annually returns & manage income tax queries as needed.
- Manage all interactions with WRI Indonesia’s banks for maintaining the account(s), creating fixed deposits, termination benefit fund and managing audit related queries.
- Oversee of WRI Indonesia’s financial records.
B. Other Administrative Support
- Assist Finance and Accounting Unit in updating Finance & Accounting Manual includes all the financial forms for WRI Indonesia.
- Assist Finance and Accounting Unit in developing and operationalizing systems and approaches to more efficiently manage the office’s finances.
- Participate and provide data support in the audit process.
- File all accounting documentations and keep organized records.
- Support other administrative matters, as required.
It is required that you add the degree required for the position. You may also add the degree preferred.
In addition, please list, in bullet form, other qualifications specific to the position.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the accounting and financial management and administration or a related field.
- Strong accounting background.
- Knowledge on Indonesian taxation law and audit process would be an advantage.
- Previous working experiences in development agency and accounting firm would be preferable.
- Attention to details.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and able to meet various deadlines.
- Familiar in using internet banking systems is a must.
- Good communication skill.
- Ability to learn new system and software applications that are used by WRI Indonesia.
This Payment Assistant position will report to Finance and Accounting Associate.
Duration: 1 year contract with possible extension.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package..
Qualified applicants should apply online through https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/
job/oJzb9fwm WRI career portal in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 31 January 2019. We will close the advert earlier when best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U..S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.