Governance/Institutional Strengthening Specialist
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK) Project is a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Regional Managers to build relationships and provide training to local government stakeholders on integrating DRR and CCA into planning and budgeting.
- Develop policy recommendations based on APIK’s assessments and with guidance from technical experts.
- Regularly consult with local government representatives and sub-national ministries to better understand their interests, needs, and development objectives.
- Communicate regularly to Regional Managers and with the Jakarta-based team to inform them of local preferences, processes, and priorities.
- Work with Regional Managers to facilitate climate change and resilience working groups, encouraging gender balance and inclusive membership that supports social cohesion (i.e. a “do no harm” approach).
- Ability to develop capacity in local ministries and other government institutions
- Experience leading institution-related technical tasks
- Expertise developing recommendations for institutional models for system management and oversight
- University degree in a related field
- Strong English speaking and writing abilities.
There are three positions available on regional teams. Locations include:
Reports directly to the Regional Manager
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV toAPIK_recruitment@dai.com. Please send applicationsno later than 27 April 2016. Applicants are instructed to write “ Governance/Institutional Strengthening Specialist – LOCATION – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.