Senior Human Resources Manager
Based in Jakarta
Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
The Indonesia Prioritizing Reform, Innovation, Opportunities for Reaching Indonesia’s Teachers, Administrators, and Students Project (PRIORITAS) is a 5-year project (2012-2017) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The USAID PRIORITAS project in Indonesia focuses on capacity building and quality improvements for teacher training institutions (TTI) and pre-service teacher training providers. The USAID PRIORITAS will build the capacity of MONE, MORA and pre- and in-service teacher training organizations to coordinate; plan and train The USAID PRIORITAS will support teaching improvement at the primary and junior secondary level, especially in early grade reading (EGR), math and science. The USAID PRIORITAS will strengthen provincial, district and local training for improved school governance and management of financial and human resources, so that these resources will directly support learning outcomes and will ensure that staff development can be sustained. The USAID PRIORITAS will work to strengthen TTI capacity through programs which address the needs of curriculum and course content, training lecturers in improved pedagogy and strengthening teacher practicum courses.
The Senior Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible for all strategic and operational HR support to the Prioritas Project including managing and implementing HR strategies, services, policies and procedures. The Senior HR Manager’s will partner with Project Leadership and Home Office HR to ensure effective HR management in the areas of recruitment, training, employee relations, legal compliance, benefits and compensation. The Senior HR Manager will lead initiatives to attract, develop, and retain PRIORITAS staff.
The Senior Human Resources Manager reports to Teaching and Learning (T/L) Advisor and will supervise the Senior HR Officer.
· Provide HR counsel and information to project leadership on all project HR issues, including HR policy, strategic planning, and legal matters.
· Coordinate recruitment processes (for temporary staff as well as regular staff) including initial screening g of candidates, setting up and participating in interviews, and working with managers to ensure compliance in the evaluation and selection of candidates.
· Maintain HR files, track staff project leave, and ensure that staff are aware of and follow attendance policies.
· Prepare, track, and maintain employment contracts for all local national staff members.
· Conduct job grading review by T/L Advisor and Home Office HR including ensuring job descriptions meet EDC standards, establishing justifiable salary offers.
· Proactively manage employee benefits ensuring compliance with local labor law and EDC policies and practices. Manage insurance brokers and renewals.
· Advise on salary offers ensuring terms meet EDC, local labor law and donor requirements.
· Lead staff performance review and career development processes.
· Redesign and implement orientation programs and other HR learning and training initiatives issues including management and leadership training.
· Update and design HR project manuals and documents.
· Proactively address employee relations issues to improve employee satisfaction, productivity, and staff retention. This includes counseling and advising employees, performance management, disciplinary actions and separations.
· Review, disseminate, and ensure full compliance with HR policy guidelines and country employee handbooks. Ensure all HR materials comply with local labor laws, client rules and regulations, EDC policies, and values.
· Manage relationship with local legal counsel and EDC Office of Legal Affairs and advise on Legal Issues ensuring legal compliance.
· Manage, supervise and mentor HR staff including the Senior HR Officer.
· Partner with RTI HR and other leadership on all HR related matters to maintain prime/sub harmony.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A Master’s degree with 7 years of relevant work experience; or a Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of relevant HR experience.
- At least seven (7) year experience in a senior position - in area of human resources administration- in a busy, reputable and large corporation, international body, civil / public service.
- Experience supporting USAID, AUSAID, DFID or other donor-funded projects preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while attending to details, follow through and efficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure
- Experience working with a USAID funded project is a plus
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in Bahasa Indonesian and English
- Basic knowledge of MS Office applications
APPLICATION CONTACT AND DETAILS TO APPLY:
- Applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than May 25, 2016
- Materials s/he should include (CV or resume; recruiting contact (email/cell phone number).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants must clearly list how s/he can be contacted. Three references are required and should be included in the CV.