The Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. PAKLIM is a Program advising and supporting the national government, local governments and industries with climate change mitigation and adaptation initiatives. PAKLIM program is divided into three working areas: (1) Climate Policy Advice for National and Sub-national Governments, (2) GHG emission reduction in Industries, and (3) Climate Change and Education.
GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Technical Project Professional (WA1)
- Advise and facilitate all activities concerning development of the MRV (Measurement, Reporting, and Verification) system for NAMAs (Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions);
- Coordinate the further implementation of the Smart Street Lighting Initiative;
- Advise on all activities concerning development of NAMAs in the frame of the RAN GRK and RAD-GRK;
- Implementation of Results-Based Monitoring on overall activities within the MRV for NAMAs output.
Professional Advisory Tasks
- Provide advisory services and facilitation in the development of guidelines on MRV for NAMAs;
- Provide advisory services in the development of NAMAs, in particular the Smart Street Lighting Initiative RAN/RAD-GRK process;
- Support in advisory services and facilitation in coordination mechanism with project location in Central and East Java;
- Support in advisory and facilitation of coordination mechanism between national - local government levels;
- Provide conceptual initiatives, strategic planning, procedural and advisory process related affairs;
- Concepting and writing concept notes, briefing papers, and term of references.
Project Implementation Tasks
- Facilitate the process of results based monitoring system implementation within the MRV for NAMAs output;
- Support the development and implementation of operational plans;
- Monitoring project progress, review reports and identifying barriers to the success of outputs achievement;
- Documentation of successful outputs achievement and ensuring the knowledge transfer;
- Communicate and cooperating with other projects, relevant ministries, universities, and NGOs concerning her field.
Other Duties/Tasks, but not limited to:
- Coordinate and supervise the organization and preparation of workshops, conferences, trainings and seminars;
- Elaborate concepts and products like concept documents, handbooks, guidelines, etc;
- Coordinate PFS documentation and WA1 activity documentation on PAKLIM Website.
Required qualifications, skills, competences and experience
- At least Bachelor in relevant specialisation;
- At least 4 year professional experience in a comparable position and in a course related to the program’s goals;
- Experience in project management;
- Experience in the fields of climate policy and mitigation / emission reduction would be an asset;
- Excellent spoken and written in Bahasa Indonesia & Englishwith analytical capacity and ability to synthesize relevant findings;
- Excellent ability to share knowledge and experience, a good team player and self-management;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (particularly MS Office);
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expected to Join: immediately
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader Working Area 1
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 24 May 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: PAKLIM – TPP
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate]_PAKLIM-TPP
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.