The Development of CCA-DRR Strategic Planning
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK) Project is a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
Therefore, APIK project initiate the elaboration with the Association of the Indonesia Municipalities (APEKSI) in regards to have collaboration in city government on how to address and integrate CCA & DRR in to their strategic planning and business as usual. It’s intended to support APEKSI in convincing local government and practitioners to showcase successes in DRR/CCA integration, recognize municipal and district resilience leaders, and formulates policy recommendations to national agencies. Its aim to improved their capacity to address climate change issues have new or increased ability to use new or different approaches, processes, strategies, or methodologies to mitigate and/or adapt to climate change.
Target Output of elaboration are APEKSI strategic planning (5 years) developed and establishing commitment of collaboration APEKSI in addressing and integrate CCA & DRR in their business as usual.
• Work closely with APEKSI, APIK Technical Team (Bappenas, National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB), Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Environment and Forestry (KLHK), Ministry of Internal Affairs (Kemendagri), Ministry of Public Works) and NGOs as well as to define the programs/activities related to climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction strategies.
• Collecting information / primary (interview, FGD) and secondary data.
• Conducting analysis and developed strategic plan on the convergence of climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction
• Closely coordinate and communicate the results of research analysis to APEKSI.
• Facilitate the FGD and workshop due to verify the development process and dissemination of APEKSI strategic plan.
· Min. Master Degree (Preferred PhD), with strong knowledge and experience in the field of CCA – DRR strategic planning development.
· At least 5-10 years of experiences in CCA – DRR strategic planning developed.
· Ability to analyze and develop of strategic planning on climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction in the level of organization/institution.
· Communicate the results of research and analysis to APEKSI and APIK.
· Strong English speaking and writing skill.
· Reports directly to CCA Governance Advisor
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV toAPIK_Recruitment@DAI.com. Please send applications not later than 23 May 2016 COB. Applicants are instructed to write “The Development of CCA-DRR Strategic Planning Application – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.