DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.BackgroundDAI, an international consulting firm based in the United States, is currently accepting applications from candidates for a Climate and Weather Information Specialist position in Jakarta to support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan Project in Indonesia (APIK). APIK will support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.Summary of Primary DutiesThe Fund Manager will oversee the management of grants and subcontracts issued under the APIK Resilience Fund, which aims to encourage collaboration and finance activities that lead to new products and services that will strengthen the ability of communities, local governments, and businesses to anticipate and/or respond to weather-related disasters or climate shifts.Essential Duties
- Work under the direction of the Director of Finance and Operations and COP to design and implement activities under the Resilience Fund.
- Assist in the development of the APIK Grants Manual.
- Provide day‐to‐day management of the APIK Resilience Fund, including awards management, reporting, outreach to potential grantees, and compliance.
- Provide procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as sub-grantees to ensure adherence to the fund management policies.
- Analyze and evaluate grant applications, proposals and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies.
- Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for subcontracts.
- Review and analyze budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
- Ensure post‐award management in accordance with relevant regulations, including reporting and auditing in accordance with USAID and DAI policies, and procedures.
- Routinely monitor subcontractors and grantees to ensure that funds allocated are used for specified purposes.
- Work with the APIK team to devise and lead strategies to ensure broadest participation in the Fund.
- Design and lead capacity building training for local organizations to ensure their proposals meet USAID regulations.
Base of OperationsThe location for this position is Jakarta, Indonesia.ReportingThe Fund Manager will report to the Director of Finance and Operations.Qualifications
- Five years of experience in USAID grants management, including pre- and post-award of the grants cycle.
- Experience in capacity building and regular monitoring of partners, day to day implementation of grants.
- Proven skills in administration and procurement.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong English writing and speaking skills.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to APIK_Recruitment@DAI.com. Please send applications no later than 12 September 2016 COB. Applicants are instructed to write “Fund Manager – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.______________________________
The DAI email disclaimer can be found at http://www.dai.com/disclaimer.