The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene 'Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua' (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following "high level" results:
• An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and• An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to an improved sanitation facility and all of whom are from the poorest 40% of the population.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, IUWASH PLUS undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) Improving household WASH services; 2) Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of
Micro Finance Specialist based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : MFS-JKT)
Task and Responsibility:
The Micro Finance Specialist will work under the direction of the WASH Finance advisor / Team lead Component 3 and will be responsible for directing the activities of introducing microfinance institutions (MFIs) that include cooperatives, community credit organizations, and commercial banks to the WASH market. Also, the specialist will facilitate partnerships between MFIs and sanitation SMEs to ensure that financing and construction go hand-in-hand. In addition to the above, Micro Finance Specialist will work closely for Component 1, improving household WASH services especially for delivering micro finance information to the household’s investment in WASH improvements.
The tasks and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Support IUWASH PLUS Regional program activities on micro finance through:
o Work closely with regional team of WASH Finance Specialist to identify micro finance institution that include cooperatives, community credit organizations, commercial banks and provincial development banks as platforms for regional WASH investment in supporting micro finance program as funding source for WASH products in increasing WASH access for poor and vulnerable population.o Support WASH Finance Specialist in structuring and streamlining credit programs managed directly by PDAMs, assessing financial viability, loan evaluation criteria, operating procedures, and integration of credit options into their marketing and customer processing.o Support BC/Marketing Specialist in delivering information of micro finance program to households in improving WASH access.o Support Component 3 in preparation of IUWASH annual work plans and budgets resulting in agreed action plans, incorporating cost-sharing and /or leveraging of local and National stakeholders.o Maintaining regular contact with Regional WASH Financing Specialists, joining regular IUWASH meetings, and providing advice to Regional Managers, WASH Financing Advisor on priority technical issues.
• Support IUWASH PLUS activities with National stakeholders on micro finance program for WASH products accessible to all activities areas:
o Engage national stakeholders in the effort to strengthen micro finance program in developing the national regulation for WASH improvement.o Engage the Indonesian Finance Services Authority (OJK) in establishing regulation to support micro finance institution to broaden involvement in WASH improvement.
• Support WASH Financing advisor in the implementation of all activities under Component 3 and ensure strong linkages between Component 3 with other IUWASH PLUS Components, including: Component 1 (Improving household WASH services); Component 2 (Strengthening city WASH institutional performance) and Component 4 (Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication).
• Identify opportunities and support activities to utilize the Local Sustainability & Innovation component to advance increased safe water access to poorest 40% of the population.
• Support the IUWASH PLUS M&E team, to implement the monitoring program to assess the quality and effectiveness of IUWASH PLUS interventions on strengthening small WASH entreprises, including direct support, where required, of the Activity Monitoring Plan (AMP)
• Possess at least a university degree (S1) majoring in Economics or Financial Management.
• At least 5-years experiences providing technical assistance or as a consultant of micro finance program.
• Experiences in micro finance in relation to seeking financial source to small enterprise to improve its business.
• Having experience developing strategic plan of micro finance institution especially for a cooperative in doing business supporting micro finance for WASH products.
• Having experience working with central and local government relating to the micro finance program advocacy would be additional credit points.
• Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility in his/her designated areas
• Excellent team player with a range of people, excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training and organizing work
• Experience in report writing, preferable in English
Expected Start Date : Available immediately
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.
com before September 15, 2016.
Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret
that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only
shortlisted candidates will be notified.