LOCATION : Mataram, NTB with frequent travel to project locations in Lombok Tengah and Lombok Barat district
ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programs, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
IR Indonesia was established in the year 2003 with one project office catering for development activities in Banten province. In 2004, in response the devastating Tsunami, IR expanded programme coverage to Aceh province to provide humanitarian relief, early recovery and developmental support to the tsunami survivors. It was about this time when programme activities were also expanded to West Java, NTB and later in West Sumatra and Jogjakarta provinces. IR presently maintains a Country Office in Jakarta with field programme in Aceh and NTB provinces. The main sectors for Indonesia Programme include Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), WASH, Sustainable Livelihoods, Orphans’ Support, and Disaster Response.
Currently IRW – Indonesia office is implementing a child welfare programme, Seasonal Programme (Ramadan and Qurbani, and development project that supporting the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals in Aceh and NTB province.
Starting October 2016 – September 2017, IRW Indonesia is going to implement WAQF Project of WASH and Mushroom.
Monitoring and Evaluation and Project Development Officer
Post holder reports directly to : Area Coordinator and keep coordinating to Head of Program
Working in closely with the Area Coordinator and Program staffs, the M&E officer mainly manages the progress of Islamic Relief programme in NTB and other IRW-supported projects for Project Development efforts. The post holder will provide and maintain and updating databases of all project in NTB province
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities related to the Monitoring and Evaluation:
· Develop, maintain, and strengthen monitoring and evaluation projects, including the lessons learned and innovations from the project;
· Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output;
· As part of Project Development, recommend/contribute further improvement of the logical frame work;
· Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
· Monitor the sustainability of the project's results;
· Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
· Produce report of monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Head of Program through Area Coordinator;
· Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
· Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team and Islamic Relief;
· Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Country Director and or Area Coordinator in preparing relevant reports;
· Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
· Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E and Project Development;
· Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
· Perform other duties as required;
· Organize and conduct training on M&E for IRW project and government staff
· Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project;
· Prepare and write case studies of the project results;
The following duties and responsibilities related to the Project Development:
· To collect data that relevant to the development of the new project in area of Child Welfare and Protection, DRR, Health and Nutrition, WASH, Early and Primary Education, and Livelihood;
· To review and monitor on progress of outreach opportunities and take appropriate follow up actions;
· Demonstrates integrity by modelling the Islamic Reliefs values and ethical standards
· Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Islamic Relief Worldwide
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
· Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
· Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support Knowledge Management and Learning
· In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E (including the application of the methodology) and development issues
· Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies;
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
· Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change Self-Management
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
· Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
REQUIRED SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum Educational background is University Degree preferably in Social Sciences
· At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs
· Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
· Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
· Expertise in analysing data using statistical software;
· Good knowledge of Programme cycle Management and Development.
· Communication and analytical skills
· Strong training & facilitation skills.
· Fluently in written and speak Bahasa and English.
· All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
· Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
· Only short-listed candidates will be contactedThe deadline for submitting applications is: 28 October 2016