VENUE OFFICERThe Venue Officer provides support in venue coordination for the Membership Program. S/he plans, negotiates, delivers and reviews the provision of high quality venues and events for the Membership Program so that key performance indicators and return on investment is achieved. With guidance from the Membership Operations Coordinator, s/he researches, identifies and contacts decision makers at potential new venue locations for membership fundraising efforts. Duties include:
- Maintain regular contact with decision makers at new and existing venues, managing business relations and explore further opportunities within each venue such as more rewarding pitch positions so that membership volume and return on investment increases
- Ensure all documentation and information required by venues and by Membership fundraisers are completed accurately and delivered in time, including risk assessments, passes, directions and special instructions to ensure all events are attended in an efficient and effective manner.
- Upload all confirmed events/sites to the current TNC venue database system to avoid duplication of venue bookings and to ensure the maximum coverage of areas is attained to.
- Use negotiation skills to achieve discounts on venue costs to ensure return on investment is achieved and that expenditure stays within the annual event budget.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience in venue management and identifying productive venues
- Experience with relevant technology such as Microsoft Office packages and spreadsheet skill relevant to the role.
- Able to organize own workload and others including the diary management of multiple fundraisers.
- Able to communicate at all levels and in a variety of situations.
- Able to work under pressure and prioritize workload.
- Proven ability to negotiate.
- Tactful and diplomatic.
- Experience providing administrative or project support.
- Previous administrative experience relevant to this role, such as maintaining spreadsheets and accurate records
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with databases