Yayasan Fondasi Hidup / FH Indonesia is an independent non-governmental organization based in Medan, North Sumatera and operates in North Sumatera Province and the Mentawai Islands, West Sumatera Province. FH Indonesia started working in Indonesia after the December 2004 tsunami killed 283,000 people. FH Indonesia worked with devastated communities to help them rebuild their lives and homes. In 2011, FH Indonesia began a long-term development work and currently we are working to address all forms of human poverty, visible and invisible through livelihood, education, and health sectors. Our purpose is a transformed community where children can thrive.
Based in Pagai, Kep. Mentawai, West Sumatera (Job Code: AC-PG)
The Area Coordinator will supervise all project implementation in the assigned area; Ensure program activities run properly in quality and timely. S/he also provide guidance and direction to the field staff in his/her area.
· Provide coordination, management and leadership primarily to ensure that program/project results meet FH quality standards and expectations and progressing on schedule.
· Ensure that program activities are aligned with FH vision and mission, goals and objectives, where a fundamental element of these interventions is to promote stakeholder’s ownership, ‘buy-in’ and high quality outcomes.
· Provide guidance to field staff work on planning, annually, quarterly and monthly basis.
· Review and monitor financial budget and report of field staff to accomplish FH financial policy.
· Update area monthly planning and budget to Program Manager.
· Coordinate regular field staff meeting, sharing progress and follow up technical recommendation to Program Manager or technical team directly.
· Provide regular progress report (monthly, quarterly, and annually) to Program Manager and various stakeholders especially to local government as needed.
· Lead the field staff to conduct continuous needs analysis with participation of key stakeholders including community leaders.
· Together with the technical team, coordinate some event and provide technical assistance appropriately.
· Establish and maintain networks and good working relationship with various stakeholders including government agencies and other development organization in district and provincial level.
· Conduct regular field visit to verify quality/progress of program activities.
· Be responsible for timely ad proper documentation: progress challenges, best practices, success stories and other communication materials.
· Together with Sponsorship unit, ensure all children correspondence (activity) are on time, in good quality and align with Child Focus Community Transformation (CFCT).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in community development or social science or an equivalent of minimum four years related experience in community development or program development;
- Vibrant personal and commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose;
- Ability to learn quickly, self-starter, continually improve, and solve problem;
- Ability to design and deliver assessment, focus group discussion, survey, and various training;
- Excellent people skills including warmth and sensitivity, conversational, able to relate to and effectively communicate with people from different cultures (at various levels within the organization and communities);
- Able to self-manage a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities, proactively solve problems and / or suggest viable solutions while advancing goals and objectives;
- Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Google platform, and virtual technologies such as Skype, GoToMeeting and/or GoToWebinar;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan and coordinate work, ensure the efficient flow of projects and processes;
- Ability to travel to field office on a regular basis; Ability to supervise 10-15 staff;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical document and training manual, or government regulations;
- Good skills specifically in these following areas:
o Problem-solving abilities;
o Ability to cope under pressure;
o Mentoring skill;
o Strong communication skill and networking skills.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your CV until August 4, 2017 at the latest with a JOB CODE on email subject to: email@example.com
Yayasan Fondasi Hidup